Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

vegetarian/vegan options

I'm a vegetarian and a health nut (though I know I'm on vacation and as such I will eat heavier food). I've had not so great experiences in the bahamas and other resort/beachy areas, so I'm concerned about food options. A girl can only take so much pasta primavera/marinara and boring salads.

I do not eat fish (which would make someone a pescetarian anyway!). I don't eat eggs (if something is made with that, its fine, but no omlettes, quiches, etc). I'll eat cheese, but certainly can't eat it at every meal or large amounts.

A quick glance at restaurants reviewed by Frommer's makes it seem like there are a few restaurants that will work - I found Gasparito, Hostari da' Vitorrio, and (surprisingly) Flying Fishbone - so I'm hopeful. I'd appreciate any other suggestions!

Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    TULIP has some vegan dishes but you must ASK.
    we had dinner there in january with a friend and she had a vegetarian meal.....well vegan actually.

Imo, any restaurant on the island will accommodate you.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/vegetarian.html

My wife has been a vegetarian since before we met and she's very picky on top of that. She claims that Wacky Wahoo has the best Alfredo she's ever eaten. You might also want to check out Linda's pancakes, great for lunches or a light dinner.

Vegan Offering

I have friends who are traveling to Aruba in January. They are staying at the Marriott. I would like to suggest some restaurant options to them as they are first timers. Does anyone know of any vegan restaurants? They do eat fish, however the wife does not eat dairy. I know they could probably find something at most restaurants, but didn't know if any vegans out there had some favorites I could suggest. I rave about Aruba so much now they are going and I'm feeling responsible for them to have a great time!! Thanks!

My wife is vegetarian and it makes things a little harder on us when we're down there. I can't imagine if she was a strict vegan and excluded dairy as well. She ends up going with Alfredo at a number of the restaurants we frequent, partly because that's about the only option on the menu and partly because it's actually very good at those restaurants.

I would like to think that just about any restaurant would be able to prepare a plate of grilled or steamed vegetables.

Check some menus, quickly I googled and found

Passions has "Vegetarian Sampler of Pasta with Vegetables, Tomato Sauce, Mix Salad Spring Rolls, Pineapple Sauce with Dried Fruits Cous-Cous"

Barefoot has a "Zucchini Parmigiana- “Lasagna” of zucchini, Mozzarella and Parmesano Reggiano, served in a Marinara sauce and basil… " Hopefully they could prepare it without the cheese.

http://www.tajmahalaruba.com/menus/menus.htm#vegetarian

http://www.tandooraruba.com/vegetable.html
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 12-06-2011 at 10:10 PM.