Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Ventanas Del Mar - October 2015

Ventanas Del Mar - October 2015

We hit the restaurant last night on our first night in. I'd previously raved about the joint.

Not this time.

Service was shoddy and we had to ask for the bill three times. The waitress messed up our drinks, asked us "What's osso bucco?" and then I was halfway through my tepid red snapper before my glass of white arrived. At one point, The Spouse went to the bar to advise the bartender on how to make a vodka martini with a twist as it's very complicated: "No olives or olive juice. Ever." Nobody checked in on us during the meal... Guess the scowl on my face frightened them off.

Disappointing.

I know there have been financial challenges at Tierra Del Sol but thought they'd turned it around. The restaurant was three quarters empty on a Saturday night at 8:00 pm. Not good. No room for errors.
    Last edited by act1966; 10-11-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    so disappointing indeed

this is one of those marvelous restaurants that in my mind has no margin of error.

the place is usually perfect.

on anther note, have a wonderful stay and i hope we hear from you often.

thanks S and spouse

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We hit the restaurant last night on our first night in. I'd previously raved about the joint.

Not this time.

Service was shoddy and we had to ask for the bill three times. The waitress messed up our drinks, asked us "What's osso bucco?" and then I was halfway through my tepid red snapper before my glass of white arrived. At one point, The Spouse went to the bar to advise the bartender on how to make a vodka martini with a twist as it's very complicated: "No olives or olive juice. Ever." Nobody checked in on us during the meal... Gues. The scowl on my face frightened them off.

Disappointing.

I know there have been financial challenges at Tierra Del Sol but thought they'd turned it around. The restaurant was three quarters empty on a Saturday night at 8:00 pm. Not good. No room for errors.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We ate there a few years ago and it was below average in our opinion. Have not gone back. Were planning to give them another chance next year but maybe not.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ohhhhh no!
    we were there 2 weeks ago and were very happy!
    Mike !!!!

Michael Mattalo, one of the Tierra Del Sol principals, reached out to me directly a few days ago to see if there was a way to rectify the situation. We appreciate the effort and will now consider it still "on the list" for future meals. I'm happy about that because we really love the food and setting.

Thanks, Michael.

Now that's a respectful effort. Wish we had gotten the same from the Flying Fishbone. Sadly we won't go back.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Aruba since 1979
    Mike is a member here.
    A terrific gentleman that always will address a situation and make things right.
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Michael Mattalo, one of the Tierra Del Sol principals, reached out to me directly a few days ago to see if there was a way to rectify the situation. We appreciate the effort and will now consider it still "on the list" for future meals. I'm happy about that because we really love the food and setting.

Thanks, Michael.

First went there about five years ago and it is now one of our " go to" places. Maybe the best setting on the island with the unique desert, ocean, golf course, light house view. Courteous attentive staff and a nice, reasonable menu.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Stephen, you are very welcome and I look forward to your return so we can give the food and service experience you deserve. Please let me know when you are back on island. Masha danki. Michael

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am just doing my part to ensure every guest to Tierra del Sol and to Aruba has the best experience. Please feel free to reach out any time you are on island - I am always happy to meet for a drink if I am there and to make new friends. Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast