Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wacky Wahoo Closed for vacation WHEN?

Aruba since 1979
    thanks liz
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    It was posted on another forum that they are closing the last week of July and first 2 weeks in August. (Sun July 27 - reopen Mon Aug 18.

Aruba since 1979
    yes, and thank you.

Wacky Wahoos is on vacation from July 27 to, I...

Wacky Wahoos is on vacation from July 27 to, I believe, Aug. 17. I phoned them last week to check and paid more attention to the first date, since our trip is in July. Hope you don't miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthExposure View Post
    I was the one who posted the closing dates early after phoning Wacky Wahoos -- I was told their vacation would begin July 27 and they would re-open mid-August.

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel
    I was hoping to try Wacky Wahoos this year, but our anniversary trip is July 26th to August 2nd. We normally don't feel like eating a big meal on the town after we arrive. We might have to make an exception this year.

Quote Originally Posted by drtucker1 View Post
    I was hoping to try Wacky Wahoos this year, but our anniversary trip is July 26th to August 2nd. We normally don't feel like eating a big meal on the town after we arrive. We might have to make an exception this year.
    My favorite place in Aruba. I would suggest phoning them between 3 and 4 the day you arrive to make a reservation -- it's the only time they typically take a reservation. Or if you arrive after 4, plan on going soon after they open as they tend to get full fairly quickly.

Their food isn't especially heavy though it is ample. I'd suggest you start with the ceviche, which is easily enough for two, and both tasty and refreshing. And if your appetite isn't huge that night, plan on eating half your main course and taking the rest back for a nice lunch the next day.

The fish is the star for me -- locally caught and not over-cooked. I've had delicious barracuda, mahi, wahoo, grouper. red snapper. But they also do a great job with beef and chicken -- our kids don't yet share my enthusiasm for fish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12