Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacky Wahoos

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    We always stop by around 2-3pm to make reservation. They are very nice and accommodating. In November we made arrangements to bring our fresh catch to them at 3pm the next day. They prepared dinner for 4 of us. It was fabulous, and so reasonable! Don't stop by after 5pm to make a reservation. It's crazy busy!
    We stopped at 4:45 on Thursday and the door was locked and nobody answered when we knocked. It's one of my favorite restaurants in the world, but they're making it less and less convenient every year.

oh, but cindy, it's so much fun to watch people trying to be invisible as the go there, lol. we love the food but i wish they had a little more room. last visit we got stuck next to the door and it was really hot. they have one of the best house salads i've ever eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    What ever effort you need to make to get reservations it is well worth it !!! Freshest fish I have ever had, great service, food...etc....the only thing I cringed about is the location...( you all know what I am talking about...)

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryf View Post
    oh, but cindy, it's so much fun to watch people trying to be invisible as the go there, lol. we love the food but i wish they had a little more room. last visit we got stuck next to the door and it was really hot. they have one of the best house salads i've ever eaten.
    okay...worth the trip and the entertainment....

Aruba since 1979
    sherry's post reminded me of how uncomfortable and unhappy paul and i were last august at wacky wahoo.
    the table where we were seated (come in the front door and it was the long table on the left) was cramped, it was hot and we were jammed in tightly. we were a party of 6.
    it was an uncomfortable meal.
    it is time for WW to find a larger venue and expand.
    some folks are a bit put off by the "sex shop" next door......i find it comical, but i do know it is not an "ideal" neighbor.
    i don't know how many can be seated at WW, but it is probably in the 50ish range.
    it is a tight storefront location and boy i wish they would move to a place were folks could spread out a little.

Wacky Wahoo was on our "list" for our next trip...whenever that may be...

After all of these comments though, including this from yesterday
    , I have serious doubts . We enjoy good food, but do go out to dinner for the whole experience. Loud rooms with poor acoustics, not being one of them and fwiw, the reason why we have never gone back to Sole Mare though our food and service were very good.
    www.aruba.com/forum/f18/ice-down-some-balashi-50308/#post198563

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Dinner at WW was good last night, but it was packed and service was marginal at best. It was also a very loud crowd, we could barely talk across the table all night. Food was excellent as usual, though. The new smoked crab and corn chowder is fantastic, never had smoked crab before, let alone in a chowder.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

We think WW is fantastic. Our only suggestion to them would be is to open a second WW at another location. We have noticed how restaurants have gone downhill after they move to larger locations. Their costs usually escalate and they have to raise prices and cut back on their menu. (Don't fix something thats not broken.)

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    OK Wachy Wahoo....get the message, open a bigger place, and be selective as to the new location..you're too good to be screwed up and to tick people off !!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Cple View Post
    (Don't fix something thats not broken.)
    It is already "broken" to some degree and has been for a while. The food is good and the prices are reasonable, but the tables are jammed in there and the service isn't the greatest. Honestly, the easiest fix is to remove a couple tables and raise their prices. It would result in a better experience for everyone.

Moving to a larger location would also be much better than a second location. At least if they have one location, it's much easier to monitor the food quality and service issues. Two locations is asking for trouble, unless you have a quality manager for both locations.

I really like the food and the experience isn't terrible. It's just a little frustrating that they are so close to being a great restaurant, if they can just fix their problems at the peak times of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Wacky Wahoo was on our "list" for our next trip...whenever that may be...

After all of these comments though, including this from yesterday
    , I have serious doubts . We enjoy good food, but do go out to dinner for the whole experience. Loud rooms with poor acoustics, not being one of them and fwiw, the reason why we have never gone back to Sole Mare though our food and service were very good.
    www.aruba.com/forum/f18/ice-down-some-balashi-50308/#post198563
    For what it's worth, Fishes N More have been consistently better in terms of service and the food is quite good as well. I had the steak and grouper at FnM and it was exceptional.

Casa Tua is a good example of a successful small restaurant on the island expanding but not losing control of the quality of it's food and service. They have also been able to maintain very fair pricing in all 4 locations. I think if you expand the "right way" you can still be successful and have less cramped and happier diners. It is amazing what we will put up with to have a good meal, but there is a tipping point and WW needs to pay attention. It would be a shame if they lose their loyal customer base.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast