Thread: Wacky Wahoos

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oh cindy hahahahahaha paul and i always visit that place too
    Before or after dinner?

Aruba since 1979
    after dinner of course! ;-)
    i was raised a catholic........i would never go into that place, well.....unless they were
    a. having a sale
    b. had a coupon

now back on track since i took it off topic

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    after dinner of course! ;-)
    i was raised a catholic........i would never go into that place, well.....unless they were
    a. having a sale
    b. had a coupon

now back on track since i took it off topic
    ROFL!

And to get it back on topic:
    I once rented a studio next to this 'shop' and Wacky Wahoos. When all parking spots were taken at my rental place, I would just park at the 'shop' and walk the sort distance to me studio. It might have looked as I pulled an all-nighter there!

If you have Skype, you can call them from wherever you are for REALLY cheap. Reservations definitely required - they seat only about about 36 people . . . one of our "must do" dinners every visit. Great food, in abundance, and fabulous value. It is not a "linger" dinner - you get in, get served, and get on with your night . . . not rushed, just very efficient. I usually get the grouper, grilled . . . their Aruban soup is fantastic. Michael

Aruba since 1979
    the problem with WW is that they DO NOT seem answer their phone at all during the late afternoon and most folks seem to get thru after 5:15.

Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    If you have Skype, you can call them from wherever you are for REALLY cheap. Reservations definitely required - they seat only about about 36 people . . . one of our "must do" dinners every visit. Great food, in abundance, and fabulous value. It is not a "linger" dinner - you get in, get served, and get on with your night . . . not rushed, just very efficient. I usually get the grouper, grilled . . . their Aruban soup is fantastic. Michael

After reading all of the great reviews here, we finally tried WW during our 2009 trip and will never go back there. The food I got was not what I ordered and the food my husband got was not prepared the way he ordered. The server never came to check on us once after he brought our meals until enough time had passed for us to finish them.

Neither of us ate any of our food and when we told the server why, he just took back the full plates of food and brought us our check. I'm glad not everyone has such a bad experience, but we will never go back there.

Aruba since 1979
    well that certainly was waaaaaaaaaaaay unacceptable.
    when your food was returned UNeaten and you received a bill......what was the bill for? did they expect you to pay for the food that was not "right", did you make any attempt once you had your meals set in front of you to notify any WW employee to get it fixed?

oh, you must have been livid.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    After reading all of the great reviews here, we finally tried WW during our 2009 trip and will never go back there. The food I got was not what I ordered and the food my husband got was not prepared the way he ordered. The server never came to check on us once after he brought our meals until enough time had passed for us to finish them.

Neither of us ate any of our food and when we told the server why, he just took back the full plates of food and brought us our check. I'm glad not everyone has such a bad experience, but we will never go back there.

Having trouble accessing WW's website. Anyone know what's up?

I just tried as well without success.
    If you need to see a copy of the site it can be viewed at

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

We just went to Wacky Wahoos last week (more on that when I do a full trip report) and thought it was amazing. Laura, your experience was in 2009 and with all of the positive reviews perhaps you might want to give it another chance? Personally, if I had a negative experience at a restaurant I would be very hesitant to go again however, if after a few years the reviews have been positive I might give it another try.

I would suggest you speak to the manager and explain what had happened on a previous visit and let them know you are giving them another try. This restaurant has amazing fish but it isn't a "dine" atmosphere. To be honest, my first experience (which was also in 2009) wasn't great but I was convinced to try again as everyone said this place was fantastic. I did and we loved it.

Their website and contacting them is an issue, definately! It is very rare today not to be able to communicate via email. This is the only place where I have to make reservations via the hotel concierge.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast