Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Avoid Salt n Pepper!!!!! It was greasy and the service not so good! La Terraza was fantastic as well. It is REALLY hard to get around down there. There are no road signs!
    The snow is everywhere I look, I cant wait for that view to be palm trees!

Smile wacky wahoos

we ate there last week and it was the best fish dinner on the island. we arrived at around 8pm with no reservation and got a table for 6 with only a 10 minute wait. very small. excellant service by the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold in NY View Post
    Avoid Salt n Pepper!!!!! It was greasy and the service not so good!
    We loved our lunch at Salt and Pepper at the the end of December.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    The Rest of Our Vacation
    Anyone who knows us, realize that we are never without our dd. With my brother's offer to look after dd back at the resort, we decided to dry off and head off for some more fun. What could be better than a long relaxing lunch? Next decision was where to go. I was thinking Bugaloe on De Palm Pier, but couldn't be bothered with trying to figure out a place to park. Instead we settled on Salt and Pepper. We hadn't been there in a number of years and it ended up being a really great choice for a relaxing leisurely lunch for two. The sun had finally made an appearance so we decided to eat outside. There was a table that would soon be available so we decided to wait at the bar. Dh was dying for a good espresso and I ordered an Amstel Bright.

About five minutes later, our table was ready. I suppose we were starving from all the exercise that morning because we ate like little piggy’s. You have to love tapas, being able to order all those small portions of everything that appealed to us. We started out with an appetizer of nachos, good but more like the Aruban version, followed by delicious: Greek salad, marinated olives, salt & pepper dip (kalalu-spinach and cream cheese with nacho chips), seafood wrap and garlic calamari. The service was on Aruban time, but dh and I were in no rush since we never ever get out alone together. Too full for dessert we just stalled our departure over a cappuccino and espresso before heading back to "the family".

Wackey's is GREAT! Ate there several times in October. More than one visit to a restaurant per trip is unusual. Last year we made an exception and I'm sure we will again this year. Wonderful owners (Roxanne and Harold) and incredible, inexpensive food. The black bean soup is a must have! Overall great Aruban experience!! Highly recommend.

Smile

We ate 3 times there in 2 weeks. It was the best wahoo we have ever eaten. Kent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12