Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Tom and Stanley
  • 2 Post By mmattalo

Thread: Went to "Fish Daily" for fish and chips - very good and cheap. . .

Thumbs up Went to "Fish Daily" for fish and chips - very good and cheap. . .

Hi there kids,

I was in the mood for fish and chips and happened to be over at Super Foods. There is a fresh fish store about half way down on the right side of the building (outside ). Went in and was pleasantly surprised. They have a very good selection of fresh fish and seafood in the case that you can get by the pound (kilo). They also have fried fish to go. I got a fish and chips lunch special for 11 florin that was very good. It came with a nice piece of fried fish, fries and cole slaw. They also had a few more selections for a few florin more. . . It was a good find on my part and I will be back again and again for a nice lunch take out. . . . .

Toma and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Aruba since 1979
    we were by there late this afternoon.
    ~amy~ raves about the place

parking was a disaster, so did not stop.
    it took us 10 min just to get out of the parking lot.
    superfoods and other tenants of that complex are incredibly busy on saturdays with the influx of tourists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    Hi there kids,

I was in the mood for fish and chips and happened to be over at Super Foods. There is a fresh fish store about half way down on the right side of the building (outside ). Went in and was pleasantly surprised. They have a very good selection of fresh fish and seafood in the case that you can get by the pound (kilo). They also have fried fish to go. I got a fish and chips lunch special for 11 florin that was very good. It came with a nice piece of fried fish, fries and cole slaw. They also had a few more selections for a few florin more. . . It was a good find on my part and I will be back again and again for a nice lunch take out. . . . .

Toma and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

The key is managing your parking to ensure a faster exit by not making the turn back towards the front entrance to park. If you can, park when you first enter the parking lot or as you make the very first turn left. Then, exit the back of the building and around the other side. We have been in the traffic jam before - but relax, you are on vacation :-)

On a side note, we have definitely seen the quality, selection, and reliability of supply of food improve significantly on the island in 7 years . . . we have to thank Super Foods for raising the bar.

Aruba since 1979
    i absolutely agree with you Mike!
    Yesterday, for example people were trying to exit by going the wrong way.
    It made for a huge mess and much frustration.
    Add to the fact that the highway right there at the intersection has some work being done……so the traffic exiting and entering that parking lot was very bad.
    IMO the parking is too tight and folks just do not know to exit the proper way. The signage could/should be improved.

Absolutely agree, the presence of the new and improved SuperFood certainly has raised the bar. Lings is looking a lot better these days due to new ownership and having to compete with Superfood.

It dawned on me yesterday that I forgot to bring with us "raw organic apple cider vinegar". I figured that I would not be able to find it at Lings and probably would have to go to a Natural food kind of place. Lo and behold…………LINGS had it. In years past, I would not have even searched the grocery stores for something like that. (our grocery stores at home do not carrry raw organic vinegar) So yes Mike, thank you to SuperFood for raising the bar.

sorry for getting so far off topic…………….
    this topic is about Daily Fish, which is getting some good reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    The key is managing your parking to ensure a faster exit by not making the turn back towards the front entrance to park. If you can, park when you first enter the parking lot or as you make the very first turn left. Then, exit the back of the building and around the other side. We have been in the traffic jam before - but relax, you are on vacation :-)

On a side note, we have definitely seen the quality, selection, and reliability of supply of food improve significantly on the island in 7 years . . . we have to thank Super Foods for raising the bar.

We loved Daily Fish! We bought some fresh shrimp there in April to make shrimp cocktail for our "balcony happy hour" and it was great! Also saw a nice piece of Ahi Tuna and some nice Mahi Mahi filets. Will definitely buy more on our next trip and probably make some seared ahi tuna for a light dinner some evening.
    ~Amy~® - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018