Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: West Deck

Aruba since 1979
    looks delicious.

too bad that the parking situation has caused the local folks to park there.
    i wonder if the west deck loses any business as a result?

i could sit there and nurse a few cold ones for hours!
    it is a wonderful location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    My wife and I had a great lunch today at West Deck. The parking area was packed so we thought the place would be packed but only about 8 people eating lunch. Our waiter said that many local workers park here because they don't want to have to pay for parking in the center of town- so they park here and walk to work.

We started with a bucket of Balishi (6 small bottles) for $20.00. The beers were ice cold. My wife had the fish sandwich with a side of potatoe salad and I had a burger with sweet potato fries. Both dishes were excellent! The overall experience here is tropical with soft beach music in the background. The total bill was $59.00 which includes a 15% service charge. We would and will return. Here are a few photos of our food and a view from the deck showing the fishing boats.

Attachment 5016Attachment 5017Attachment 5018

I think they could lose a fair amount of business if someone is looking for a quick meal and are afraid to go because it looks like its packed with all of the cars.

Another great thing about this forum! Now we know how deceiving the parking lot can look
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

West Deck is one of my favorite afternoon spots. Love to order an assortment of appetizers and hang out for a bit. Staff is great and you're never rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I think they could lose a fair amount of business if someone is looking for a quick meal and are afraid to go because it looks like its packed with all of the cars.
    No loss of business due to parking, we went there when we first arrived and the parking lot was packed. Took a left and drove down the Linear walk-way and parked in the shade (plenty of folks had done the same thing)... No worries and good food and drinks as always. Just have to park like a local and find a spot the car fits in!

Love the bucket of beer idea. On my next trip I land at 1130am and the check in at La Cabana isn't until 4pm so I'm planning on going there for lunch first and then to the resort.

A friend from the island took us to dinner last month there, first time.

Honestly my food was good, atmosphere relaxed.

For the cost of dinner, would probably choose elsewhere.

Now if you're talking about lunch, that would be more appealing.
    bucket's of beer. no brainer.. lol

My post from here disappeared with the photos from lunch. Oh well, things happen.

Aruba since 1979
    sorry
    i copied it to the My Photos and Video category, but apparently the original did not stay on this thread

MEA CULPA

Lemme see if i can fix it

sorry david
    Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    My post from here disappeared with the photos from lunch. Oh well, things happen.

Aruba since 1979

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast