Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: West Deck

We didn't love it, but the view and proximity to the Ren makes it worth a trip to decide for yourself. We didn't find the friendly service we are used to in Aruba and thought our food and drinks were just okay. The good thing is you can order a few different apps to try and share. We did like the beef skewers.

I enjoyed the Keshiyena which I never had before in all my trips to Aruba. The ballashi fingers and conch fritters were right on point as everybody described it. Some people go there for lunch on their first day if they have an early arrival being that most check in start at 4pm or if they have a late flight going back.
    Back to Aruba in

We went there once and were not impressed either.
    The service was not that friendly as in other restaurants.
    We ordered pan fried whole red snapper and it was over fried. Can"t compare with Zeerovers and Red Fish. Yes, thwre are so many different dishes, which sound and looking nice. We'll give another try this New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    haaaa, that was one of the things that def stood out to me. Theres actually alot that I like. Plan on just ordering a bunch of different stuff and the whole family can share and try a bunch of different stuff.
    That's exactly what we do every time we are there. Except for DH - he gets a burger.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Sad to read people experienced not so friendly service. We literally had a server come sit down and hang out with us a bit. Doesn't get much friendlier! And they were so great with the kids, telling them to go play in the sand and he would call them was dinner was served. Really sweet. That just goes to show that: 1. The server and interaction with staff can make or break a restaurant visit and 2. You should always give a place a 2nd chance, just in case it was an "off night".
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Sad to read people experienced not so friendly service. We literally had a server come sit down and hang out with us a bit. Doesn't get much friendlier! And they were so great with the kids, telling them to go play in the sand and he would call them was dinner was served. Really sweet. That just goes to show that: 1. The server and interaction with staff can make or break a restaurant visit and 2. You should always give a place a 2nd chance, just in case it was an "off night".
    Our server may have said 5 words to us through the whole the whole experience. I agree with people having off days, but the food just wasn't special enough to bring us back. I'm glad others did not have our same experience, because I wanted to like it there.

Jacki - Agreed! I think we have all experienced that one time or another. I can remember saying we were unhappy with staff / service at one of our fav places and also saying that we would never go back to that place( No names in particular just saying) and then when we returned the following year we would say ok lets give it another shot and we were very delighted with staff/service.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Our server may have said 5 words to us through the whole the whole experience. I agree with people having off days, but the food just wasn't special enough to bring us back. I'm glad others did not have our same experience, because I wanted to like it there.
    Yeah that stinks but ill tell ya something...arubamark will make it a nice time. If it means me cooking the food, serving the food, making drinks or simply being social I can handle it all. Last lame experience at a local restaurant I started talking to a few people around us to lighten up the atmosphere a little bit, everyone started laughing having some drinks together it was great...until a married women next to us started hitting on my wife right in front of me. My DW said to me see what you did? I said honey, wasn't me, you are beautiful I cant blame her....LMAO....true story

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I wanted to try West Deck last year but due to us not feeling great most of the trip, never made it. Definitely going to check it out next trip and watch the sunset there with some Brights. DH will enjoy watching the planes come and go I'm sure.

We liked it a lot in May, and will go back.

I had heard good things about it online, but my wife wasn't crazy about the looks of the online menu and though that it might be a bit more of a sandwich place, but it's not. She changed her mind completely after going. We had a great server, "Fernando" as I recall, who was a lot of fun. Overall, my kind of place.

Rhys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast