• 2 Post By Pegmeister
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 2 Post By WaltVB
  • 1 Post By arubabob
  • 1 Post By DiviDiviFan
  • 1 Post By Dedee

Thread: West Deck

West Deck

On this vacation I am trying to pepper in a few places I have never eaten at along with the tried and true, The West Deck is one of those places. So, is it better to go there for lunch or dinner? Also on my first time list is Quinta del Carmen, Sole Mare and Ricardo's, all of which get good reviews. Looking forward to trying out some new places!!

Aruba since 1979
    lots of folks rave about West Deck!
    lunch or dinner is good.
    if you go for lunch, it is kind of hot in the sun, so make sure you are in the shaded area.

We enjoy West Deck in the late afternoon, before the dinner crowd. It's a great spot to relax, have a few cocktails and enjoy some appetizers. The staff is friendly and it just feels comfortable.

I agree with Peg - late afternoon is a great time, we love watching the sun set there with apps & drinks
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Usually our flight arrives way before we can check in to the hotel/timeshare so we'll stop for our first taste of the island. It really puts us in the mood!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    The fish sandwich is excellent for lunch and we saw some other tasty looking meals while there. One that did not appeal to me was a whole fish looked to be deep fried but not sure. I just don't like the eyes looking at me when im eating.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    We went last year first time hoping for a nice sunset but one of those days sunset was not good. However, it was a nice place and very quiet during late afternoon before dinner. Enjoyed the view and staff, had a bucket and apps. Agree with Andrea it was very hot but they do have shade areas if you beat the crowd.

Thanks all,

We will do late afternoon at West Deck as per advise. Down to 19 days and really looking forward to it.