Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The West Deck - new restaurant

  1. #11
    Member dividivi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Divi Dutch Village
    Age
    56
    Posts
    61
    I haven't been on this forum in eons simply due to life getting in the way. We do still go to Aruba at least once every year and should make it at least a semi permanent residency within the next 2 years. Just wanted to add we dined at the West Deck tonite and are THRILLED to add this to out 'must go' list. We love Pinchos but this is a bit different. Definitely carribean/Aruba style cooking but wit (Hearty!) appetizer portions. Reasonable prices and the food is after 23 years, among the best we've had on the island. Our chef came out to introduce himself (Erwin) and our server, Carlos was outstanding. My husband had wood grilled Arashi Chicken ;garnished with Pineapple along with a fish cakes offering (that we're exceptional) and I had Keshia Jena and fried funghi with melted Gouda (comfort food for me). I've tried Keshi Yena pretty much everywhere on the island and this was the best. - really We own a timeshare at the low rises and are ridiculously giddy that this place has opened. It's that good.

  2. #12
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    "ridiculously giddy" awesome!!
    nice to see you back here
    .....and enjoy your time on "one happy island "
    Quote Originally Posted by dividivi View Post
    I haven't been on this forum in eons simply due to life getting in the way. We do still go to Aruba at least once every year and should make it at least a semi permanent residency within the next 2 years. Just wanted to add we dined at the West Deck tonite and are THRILLED to add this to out 'must go' list. We love Pinchos but this is a bit different. Definitely carribean/Aruba style cooking but wit (Hearty!) appetizer portions. Reasonable prices and the food is after 23 years, among the best we've had on the island. Our chef came out to introduce himself (Erwin) and our server, Carlos was outstanding. My husband had wood grilled Arashi Chicken ;garnished with Pineapple along with a fish cakes offering (that we're exceptional) and I had Keshia Jena and fried funghi with melted Gouda (comfort food for me). I've tried Keshi Yena pretty much everywhere on the island and this was the best. - really We own a timeshare at the low rises and are ridiculously giddy that this place has opened. It's that good.

  3. #13
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    Sounds like a very nice restaurant. Here is their FB site:

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-W...41111799287626

  4. #14
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    Help me out here. Where is The West Deck in relation to Pincho's?

  5. #15
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Help me out here. Where is The West Deck in relation to Pincho's?
    It's on Linear Park at Governor's Bay directly after the Renaissance as you're headed toward Pinchos.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  6. #16
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    It's on Linear Park at Governor's Bay directly after the Renaissance as you're headed toward Pinchos.

    Thanks Amy. I didn't know where Governor's Bay is. But you've clarified it for me.

  7. #17
    Senior Member danadog56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    everywhere and anywhere
    Posts
    2,798
    kind of sounds like the menu at peanuts.....and I love their food, so we will definitely check it out in november...Thanks Amy !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

  8. #18
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    "peanuts" has been closed for some time now.
    we too loved their food

    cannot wait to try West Deck

    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    kind of sounds like the menu at peanuts.....and I love their food, so we will definitely check it out in november...Thanks Amy !!!

  9. #19
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    How do you guys know about Governor's Bay when it doesn't even show up on a map or on google? I see on the map where the restaurant must be but no GB label!

  10. #20
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    How do you guys know about Governor's Bay when it doesn't even show up on a map or on google? I see on the map where the restaurant must be but no GB label!
    Here is a nice map showing lots of restaurants. You can zoom in and go with your cursor over the purple sign, the name of the restaurant will show up.

    The "West Deck" will show up where it says "Lagoon":

    http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/googlemap.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO