Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The West Deck - new restaurant

I haven't been on this forum in eons simply due to life getting in the way. We do still go to Aruba at least once every year and should make it at least a semi permanent residency within the next 2 years. Just wanted to add we dined at the West Deck tonite and are THRILLED to add this to out 'must go' list. We love Pinchos but this is a bit different. Definitely carribean/Aruba style cooking but wit (Hearty!) appetizer portions. Reasonable prices and the food is after 23 years, among the best we've had on the island. Our chef came out to introduce himself (Erwin) and our server, Carlos was outstanding. My husband had wood grilled Arashi Chicken ;garnished with Pineapple along with a fish cakes offering (that we're exceptional) and I had Keshia Jena and fried funghi with melted Gouda (comfort food for me). I've tried Keshi Yena pretty much everywhere on the island and this was the best. - really We own a timeshare at the low rises and are ridiculously giddy that this place has opened. It's that good.

Aruba since 1979
    "ridiculously giddy" awesome!!
    nice to see you back here
    .....and enjoy your time on "one happy island "
    Quote Originally Posted by dividivi View Post
    I haven't been on this forum in eons simply due to life getting in the way. We do still go to Aruba at least once every year and should make it at least a semi permanent residency within the next 2 years. Just wanted to add we dined at the West Deck tonite and are THRILLED to add this to out 'must go' list. We love Pinchos but this is a bit different. Definitely carribean/Aruba style cooking but wit (Hearty!) appetizer portions. Reasonable prices and the food is after 23 years, among the best we've had on the island. Our chef came out to introduce himself (Erwin) and our server, Carlos was outstanding. My husband had wood grilled Arashi Chicken ;garnished with Pineapple along with a fish cakes offering (that we're exceptional) and I had Keshia Jena and fried funghi with melted Gouda (comfort food for me). I've tried Keshi Yena pretty much everywhere on the island and this was the best. - really We own a timeshare at the low rises and are ridiculously giddy that this place has opened. It's that good.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Sounds like a very nice restaurant. Here is their FB site:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-W...41111799287626

Help me out here. Where is The West Deck in relation to Pincho's?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Help me out here. Where is The West Deck in relation to Pincho's?
    It's on Linear Park at Governor's Bay directly after the Renaissance as you're headed toward Pinchos.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    It's on Linear Park at Governor's Bay directly after the Renaissance as you're headed toward Pinchos.

Thanks Amy. I didn't know where Governor's Bay is. But you've clarified it for me.

kind of sounds like the menu at peanuts.....and I love their food, so we will definitely check it out in november...Thanks Amy !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    "peanuts" has been closed for some time now.
    we too loved their food

cannot wait to try West Deck

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    kind of sounds like the menu at peanuts.....and I love their food, so we will definitely check it out in november...Thanks Amy !!!

How do you guys know about Governor's Bay when it doesn't even show up on a map or on google? I see on the map where the restaurant must be but no GB label!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    How do you guys know about Governor's Bay when it doesn't even show up on a map or on google? I see on the map where the restaurant must be but no GB label!
    Here is a nice map showing lots of restaurants. You can zoom in and go with your cursor over the purple sign, the name of the restaurant will show up.

The "West Deck" will show up where it says "Lagoon":

http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/googlemap.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast