Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: what happened to marandi

what happened to marandi

Went last night.We were disappointed .Can't remember the last time I couldn't find a dessert or appetizer on the menu I liked.Food was under proportioned and overpriced.Marandi was always one of are favorites,maybe it was an off night.Just didn't seem the same

Aruba since 1979
    that is unfortunate indeed
    maybe you are correct in thinking a "off night".QUOTE=patpete;219270]Went last night.We were disappointed .Can't remember the last time I couldn't find a dessert or appetizer on the menu I liked.Food was under proportioned and overpriced.Marandi was always one of are favorites,maybe it was an off night.Just didn't seem the same[/QUOTE]

We were there last week and it was great! She did say they had a new menu? We got the watermelon and goat cheese appetizer, which was good. Didn't have room for dessert! I hope it was an off night for you.

Had the same experience last Sept. It used to be one of our faves but we were underwhelmed by the food this time. Everything we ordered just seemed very average and I always expect more from them.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Sorry to read these reports -- we've always loved Mirandis!

Maradi

We just returned from Marandi and we were disappointed in the new menu. We have been going to Marandi every year since it opened. It was our favorite restaurant but no longer. My suggestion is to expand the menu.

We are going back on Saturday, I'll have to ask Susan how people are liking the new menu.

We haven't been to Marandi's in two years as our last meal wasn't amazing but we decided this trip to give it a try again. However, I didn't realize until reading this thread that the menu had changed. Hmmm, not sure if DH is going to like anything on the menu so I may have to rethink this.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I know I was curious, so here is the Marandi menu

Quote Originally Posted by patpete View Post
    Went last night.We were disappointed .Can't remember the last time I couldn't find a dessert or appetizer on the menu I liked.Food was under proportioned and overpriced.Marandi was always one of are favorites,maybe it was an off night.Just didn't seem the same
    We have to agree with you. We went there in January and were very disappointed. The food, while not terrible, was just average and we agree that it was under proportioned and overpriced for what you got. The boys left the table unsatisfied and were looking for snacks soon after!

It's unfortunate as their spot on the inlet is lovely to watch a sunset, but after the meal we had there last month, we are not going to hurry back. There are too many good restaurants on the island to settle for the food at Marandi.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast