Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: what happened to marandi

Quote Originally Posted by dmo209 View Post
    hello Ard,

sorry to say we did not go to Mirandi last week because of the menu. went two years ago and was not very happy with the food or service.

love the menu and service at que pasa. suggust you get some ideas from there for your new place.

best of luck. perhaps we will try Mirandi next year.
    hi dmo!
    thank you for replying!
    sorry to read that you wouldnt go to marandi because of the menu...and to read you had an unfortunate experience 2 years ago...but to meet your expectations...what would you like to eat sitting at the pier looking at the sunset?i would really like to know....what do you like to eat...that we dont have on the menu..for instance...what do you like at the quepasa menu that you would like to eat at marandi?maybe we could put it up for a tryout..see what the marandiguests think about it!!
    thank you for posting...its really helping us make marandi a better place for everyone!!!
    hopefully we'll see you next year at marandi sunset restaurant!!
    sunny regards
    ard slot
    restaurant marandi.

Quote Originally Posted by Quepasa View Post
    hello
    i am very sorry to read all this...we had some problems with kitchen staff but its all fixed now and i really hope you could give it another chance...portions have changed as well...there bigger now and prices went down...
    hopefully see you at the restaurant!
    thanks for posting..now we can change!
    sincerely
    ard slot
    restaurant marandi
    Thank you, Ard, for responding. We appreciate that you are receptive to constructive criticism from guests! We took a look at your new menu, which looks very good, and would be willing to give it another try on our next visit.

One other thing to mention, since you are asking what menu options folks would like to see. One of our favorite menu selections of all time is from your other restaurant, Yemanja. The Grouper Fillet with boursin cheese is absolutely to die for!!! Perhaps something along those lines on the Marandi menu could be considered.

Again, thank you for your response, and we look forward to visiting Marandi again.

Quote Originally Posted by EHampite View Post
    Thank you, Ard, for responding. We appreciate that you are receptive to constructive criticism from guests! We took a look at your new menu, which looks very good, and would be willing to give it another try on our next visit.

One other thing to mention, since you are asking what menu options folks would like to see. One of our favorite menu selections of all time is from your other restaurant, Yemanja. The Grouper Fillet with boursin cheese is absolutely to die for!!! Perhaps something along those lines on the Marandi menu could be considered.

Again, thank you for your response, and we look forward to visiting Marandi again.
    hi ehampite
    of course...wy wouldnt i...its not important what we as the restaurant like...its important what you as guests like..right?
    yes the grouper boursin....the thing is...for now..we work with fresh fish only...and the guarantee of fresh grouper is very limited...so yes we could put up a dish like that....but then with the fresh fish we have that day...may vary from tripletail to mahimahi...wahoo..swordfish and sometimes even SHARK!!!thats the nice part of cooking with fresh stuff...you never know what youre going te work with that day!and sometimes we also have the grouper!
    but the idea with the melted cheese is something to talk about...a lot of people like it...i know!!now the menu is allmost cheeseless
    thanks for posting this again and hopefully we'll see you soon at marandi...come by at the window and we can meet in person!
    sunny greets
    ard slot

We will definitely do this. We have booked reservations for dinner with our friends on 26 March. We look forward to trying the new menu...several interesting options I would like to try!

Quote Originally Posted by EHampite View Post
    We will definitely do this. We have booked reservations for dinner with our friends on 26 March. We look forward to trying the new menu...several interesting options I would like to try!
    hi!
    thank you for trying out the new menu!as in tomorrow we even start with the expanded menu..now we serve some more salads/soups and mains...
    the 26th of march?good to know you made reservations...normally i am off mondays..but ill be there to make sure you will have a good time!
    see you monday!
    enjoy your vacation!
    sunny greets
    ard slot
    marandi

Hi,
    So glad to here that you expanded the menu. Is ther any chance you could post the menu with the additions?

Aruba since 1979
    i am cautioning all here not to get "slot aka quepasa" into trouble with self promoting.

so as a way to circumvent, maybe slot can pass the menu on to lisa or me and one of us can post it.

thanks for understanding.

andrea

We are taking some friends that are visiting, there on Thurs. night. Looking forward to it. but then again, I didn't mind the "new" menu!! Excited to see this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Quepasa View Post
    hi!
    thank you for trying out the new menu!as in tomorrow we even start with the expanded menu..now we serve some more salads/soups and mains...
    the 26th of march?good to know you made reservations...normally i am off mondays..but ill be there to make sure you will have a good time!
    see you monday!
    enjoy your vacation!
    sunny greets
    ard slot
    marandi
    Thank you, and we hope to meet you on Monday!

Aruba since 1979
    slot sent me a private message with a "partial menu"
    i sent him my email address so that he could send me the complete menu as an attachment and i will post it here

here is the complete menu :-) yum

Appetizers

Marinated Wahoo

Marinated Wahoo, caught in the Aruban waters, with fennel, avocado cream, deep fried scallion, sweet and sour melon and tarragon.

$14,00

Smoked Mahi Mahi

Home smoked Mahi Mahi fillet, marinated soy beans, shrimp bits, mango, saffron mayonnaise and crispy squid.

$15,50

Carpaccio

Marinated thinly sliced raw strip loin, tomato, basil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, arugula and olive oil.

$14,00

Marandi ”Marble”

Combination of foie gras, tender pork and ‘katenspek’ (German bacon), with a marmalade of cactus figs, papaya, sweet mustard sauce and butter croutons.

$15,00

Goat Cheese*

Layers of sweet watermelon and soft goat cheese,

tomato, basil and Madeira syrup.

$13,50

Salads

Ocean Salad

Mixed garden greens served with different preparations of fresh fish. With crispy vegetables and creamy lemon mayonnaise.

$12,50

Crisp Vegetable Salad*

Salad with fresh vegetables, croutons and Parmesan cheese. Served with our house dressing and saffron mayonnaise.

$12,50

Pastrami & Escargots

Mesclun served with beef pastrami, Aruban mushrooms, chicory, parsley, crispy escargots, home smoked cashew nuts and Sherry dressing.

$14,00

Soups

Shrimp Soup

Clear shrimp broth with lemongrass, zucchini, scallions and curry cream.

$9,00

Tomato Soup*

Served with fresh herbs-foam, a crispy cheese stick and olive crunch.

$7,00

Potato Truffle Soup*

Creamy potato-truffle soup served with leek.

$7,00

Soups

Shrimp Soup

Clear shrimp broth with lemongrass, zucchini, scallions and curry cream.

$9,00

Tomato Soup*

Served with fresh herbs-foam, a crispy cheese stick and olive crunch.

$7,00

Potato Truffle Soup*

Creamy potato-truffle soup served with leek.

$7,00

*Vegetarian dish

Main Courses

Fisherman’s Choice

Fresh catch, explained by your waiter, gratinated with chili mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese crust, celery mash, zucchini-tapenade and tomato sauce.

$28,50

Laguna Fish

Fresh catch, explained by your waiter, with zucchini, olive crunch, tomato, couscous, snow peas, basil oil and garlic beurre-blanc.

$28,50

Bucuti Duo

Fresh catch, explained by your waiter, served with pumpkin risotto, a jumbo shrimp, green asparagus, coconut-curry sauce, cilantro and lemon-foam.

$29,50

Caribbean Rock Lobster 10 Oz.

Lobster tail topped with a light wasabi-Hollandaise sauce, gratinated with

a crispy garlic crust, couscous, tomato beurre-blanc and soy beans.

$45,00

Duck Breast

Tender rosé duck breast, red onion compote, vadouvan and mini potato-pancakes, served with sage sauce.

$28,50

Chicken Supreme

Chicken supreme with stuffed carrot,

mini corn, peas and creamy truffle sauce.

$27,50

Petit Filet

Shoulder tenderloin with grilled vegetables, mashed potatoes and veal gravy

(Add veal sweetbread for $5,00).

$28,00

Main Courses

Chicken Rouleau

Chicken wrapped in bacon, served with vadouvan, potato cakes, red onion compôte & sage sauce.

$26,50

Butcher’s Steak

Hanging tender with beef stew, mashed potatoes, red beets, Aruban mushrooms, lavas and veal gravy (Add veal sweetbread for $5,00).

$28,00

Lamb Trio

Lamb shank, -rack and -meatballs with lamb gravy, mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables.

$45,00

Caramelized Pork Softness

Roast of pork belly, glazed with homemade apple syrup, chicory,

apple and Chinese five spice gravy.

$28.50

Certified Black Angus Tenderloin

Filet mignon with stew, Aruban mushrooms, beets,

Jus de Veau and lavas (Add veal sweetbread for $5,00).

$39,50

Pumpkin*

Grilled pumpkin with stuffed carrot, sautéed romaine lettuce, potato cakes, pumpkin risotto and creamy truffle sauce.

$23,50

Vegetable Tartlet*

Tartlet of vegetables, couscous, scallions in tempura, Parmesan cheese

and garlic sauce.

$23,50

*Vegetarian dish

-Extra order of bread with dip (2-4 persons) $3,50

- Extra plate when we split your main course for you $6,00

Desserts

If you need a taxi please let us know and we will call one for you!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-21-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast