Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

What is proper attire for Mr. Jazz?

What is the proper attire for Mr. Jazz? A poster mentioned they got turned away for wearing Skechers shoes. So what is considered acceptable? I'm interested in going for the music after 10:30. I'm assuming I'd wear a dress, but what do guys wear? It use to be the only places that required long pants for men is Le Dome and Mathilde so I'm not sure where else it is required these days. TIA

the only time i was there was in June of this year. I don't know what the rules really are but the men in our party were all wearing shorts and my husband had on sandels. The locals were rather dressed up which was nice to see. But that being said again this might have changed since June.

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    I was the poster that was turned away wearing Sketchers, and they were not even sneaker-like, all black leather on the top, no laces. I explained that I was invited by the lead singer, and they said what they knew was that their job was turn away people in sneakers.

Neal - just got back and it included a visit to Mr. Jazz. I suspect that they were worried about your shoes because of possible damage to dance floor rather than not being good enough. Everyone in the club was dressed to impress. However they let in my friend who was wearing a t-shirt and shorts from sightseeing all day. Just a guess that they are trying to protect their investment. What an awesome club!

I like the place, however they are not consistent with dress code. Sometimes they let people in with shorts and sandals and other times they don't. Neal from Boston when is the next time u are playing at Soprano's?

I've been wanting to go to Mr. Jazz but now we won't. DH wears the Nike Airs because of a bad back and he won't bend for anyone. He wears long pants but not that!!!