Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Screaming Eagle
    Madame Janette's
    Chefs Tables
    Bingo (casual)
    Cuba's Cookin' (casual)
    Wacky Wahoo (casual)
    Tulip (casual)
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

Simply Fish, Azzuro's, Madame Janettes, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Smokey Joes, Texas De Brazil, Moomba Bar, "Elvis" the cab driver, and the entertainer "Giovanni".
    The ones we always return to are:

Madame Janettes (although the food is very rich and heavy, it is delicious)
    El Gaucho (best steak I've had anywhere)
    Azzoros (gotta love that cheese wheel!!)
    Smokey Joes
    Simply Fish

One restaurant that was on our favorite list last year, but was taken off because of our experience this year so we won't be returning to is:

Texas De Brazil

And that was simply because it got more expensive than ever, and I felt the food was sub par. Yes, it's all you can eat so you can get your moneys worth.... but how much overly salted, overly cooked steak can you eat?

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Pincho's, El Gaucho, Simply Fish are all wonderful. Someone mentioned that they had bad service at Pincho's. We had the most attentive waiter I've ever had anywhere in my life at Pincho's. He immediately learned our first names and interacted with us the entire night, stopping by to talk, offer other restaurant suggestions, suggesting things to do on the island, etc. We didn't find it to be overly windy the night we were there. I thought the whole evening was magical. Its my favorite memory of Aruba.

Smile Anna-Maria's

Quote Originally Posted by anh_phil View Post
    My husband and I ate at Anna-Maria's yesterday and the food was the best Italian we've had on the island. It's actually at someone's house. From the Marriott Surf Club, the taxi ride is about 6 minutes or $8.

Ambiance: Italian music softly plays in the back. Beautiful garden and very intimate. Clean facility. Meals are cooked in the owners' home. Christian and Anna-Maria cook the meals.

Food: Fresh, fresh, fresh. I ordered the Frutti de Mare (liguini) and my husband had linguini with clams. We also had the tomato mozzarella appetizers and house chardonnay. I cannot emphasize freshness enough. You can really taste the flavors. Menu had great variety and prices very reasonable. Other than Driftwood for its great seafood and Texas de Brazil for the novelty of all you can eat red meat, Anna-Maria's establishes itself as fresh and fabulous Italian food.

Service: Excellent. David (their neighbor) was the waiter. He was charming, funny, and kind. Took time to explain the restaurant to us how he makes the drinks. I was actually a little ill (NOT BECAUSE OF THE FOOD) from activities earlier in the day and David took time to write a remedy for me to take the my hotel bar. Did that and have been feeling better. Christian actually called us at the hotel today to make sure I was okay!!

We met Christian 6 years ago on the island and have kept in contact with him. He exudes a sense of kindness, honesty, and confidence in his knowledge of the locals and of the island. I'm just glad that he was able to open his restaurant to share the same spirit through his food and customer service. I can't wait to make our return in 2 years to eat at the restaurant.

ADDRESS: KAMAY 25 M. Phone 586-2833.

I have been trying to find this restaurant and am so excited to see that you have it listed. How do I go about making a reservation? Do they have e-mail. Can't wait to try it

Does the restaurant Anna Maria's have e-mail? How do we make a reservation in advance?

Any Aruba beach...
    Additional info Anna Maria
    anna maria

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK68 View Post
    That is the e-mail. And their phone # is +297 586-2833.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach and Lings.

I'm very excited about the Carte Blanche option at Screaming Eagle. This may be our "date night" choice for dining while in Aruba. :-)

restaurant suggestions

My husband and I are coming back for our 38th anniversary, we have been there 4 times before, always to celebrate our anniversary,
    Can anyone suggest a good restaurant, we have been to Madam J, and another very nice place kinda up near the airport, but on the water, under a big palapa?? can not remember the name, but I can see by all the feedback there are alot of new places to eat and shop, we are leaving on saturday, staying at the Hyatt,

Would love some suggestions !!! Thanks for reading

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast