Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What's new since the Winter of '07?

Thumbs up What's new since the Winter of '07?

Some of our favorite places were... but please add some more must do's ...

Gasporitos's Does it still have awesome Keshi Yena?

LG's Steakhouse ...Amazonia Still good? or should I try a different steakhouse .. believe it or no never tried the El Gaucho...

Madame Janette's .... looked that up already still amazing ...

Chalet Suisse.. on list..

Need some casual meals to throw into the mix but keeping food taste & quality is top priority... My wife is a chef it makes for a interesting meal planning..

I think this post is in the correct area...

Aruba since 1979
    I would also consider…………
    Matthews @ Casa Del Mar
    Amadeus…..inland a bit
    Barneys……on Palm beach Rd near Sole Mare

all 3 of these places are very casual Matthews moderately higher priced dinner for 2 approx $60 without liquor. Amadeus moderate price dinner for 2 about $50 without liquor and Barneys priced low moderate dinner for 2 about $45 without alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4us View Post
    Some of our favorite places were... but please add some more must do's ...

Gasporitos's Does it still have awesome Keshi Yena?

LG's Steakhouse ...Amazonia Still good? or should I try a different steakhouse .. believe it or no never tried the El Gaucho...

Madame Janette's .... looked that up already still amazing ...

Chalet Suisse.. on list..

Need some casual meals to throw into the mix but keeping food taste & quality is top priority... My wife is a chef it makes for a interesting meal planning..

I think this post is in the correct area...

Madame Janettes is a favorite and we also enjoy LG Smiths. In the past when we couldn't decide on a restaurant we would do a crawl. One of our favorites was Cubas Cookin for empanadas; beers at Que Pasa; Wine; Jason iberico ham with manchebo cheese and a stop at the Paddock

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Madame Janettes is a favorite and we also enjoy LG Smiths. In the past when we couldn't decide on a restaurant we would do a crawl. One of our favorites was Cubas Cookin for empanadas; beers at Que Pasa; Wine; Jason iberico ham with manchebo cheese and a stop at the Paddock
    I like your style! That sounds great ... I had a nice lunch at Cuba's Cookin once... there used to be a great little restaurant that was a couple blocks from the Renaissance (I can't remember the name) off of Schelpstraat ..it was decorated with lots of red... similar painting as some of the ones in Cuba's.. ( one really large painting .. great piece on the wall... I think they were open for breakfast too..

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    If you want something casual and great, try The Pelicans Nest at the end of the Pelican pier. They serve a simple grilled grouper dinner with grilled veggies, rice and a role. Simple but mouth watering. It is very reasonable, $21 last June.

Oops; just reread my post. The Jamon Iberico ham and manchego cheese was at Casa Tua!! It was not actually on menu but I noticed they had it as ingredients in other dishes so I inquired if they could make us up a plate. They were very accommodating. It was such a fun time.

I'd skip Amazonia. Last time we went it had gone downhill. Try Sunset Grill for steak.

Chalet Suisse - a must see.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I agree about Chalet Suisse. This is consistently one of our favorites. I don't think that Barefoot was open when you were last on the island. That is another must for us on each visit. My favorite new find is Azzuro at Playa Linda. The food is excellent and the setting is really lovely. As for casual, we like Smokey Joe's, Salt and Pepper, and the bar menu at Water's Edge at Costa Linda.
    Last edited by hatteras; 04-11-2014 at 11:00 AM.

I may need to stay for a longer time.. Looked up some other places .. thanks for the reminder about Salt and Pepper and all the others. I vaguely remember a place called upstairs ?? I had a fairly potent drink there.. thus causing my memory loss.

azzurro also my favorite, dine there few times each stay.
    chalet suisse, always consistent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast