Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What's new since the Winter of '07?

There has also been a lot of buzz about West Deck restaurant. We haven't been yet but my sister-in-law was there in January with a large group and everyone loved it. Other places we tend to go back to are Amadeus and Taste of Belgium.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    There has also been a lot of buzz about West Deck restaurant. We haven't been yet but my sister-in-law was there in January with a large group and everyone loved it. Other places we tend to go back to are Amadeus and Taste of Belgium.

What do you like about them?

Taste of Belgium has a nice selection of Belgium beers. It's also a good place to order some appetizers and make a meal. The last time we were there it was late afternoon and we just wanted to get out of the heat for a bit. The bartender was social without being intrusive and helped us with making our appetizer selections as small plates.

I like the atmosphere at Amadeus with it's empty frames on the wall for decor and candlesticks on the table. One Thanksgiving we were there and they offered a traditional turkey dinner that would rival any of our holiday meals. The Dutch apple pie is worth the visit. They also offer their Lost Symphony after dinner. It's sweet with vanilla overtones served in a tiny crystal glass with a small ice cube to cut the sweetness. I liked it so much I purchased a bottle to take home.

West Deck is on my "to go" list. One of the things my sister-in-law commented on was their salads. We've found it difficult to find restaurants with great salads and by the end of our stay that's usually what I'm craving.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 04-11-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    Me too peg I crave a good salad with dinner.

Also consider Yemanja downtown. We've had seafood every time we have eaten there, but the meals are fantastic!

Get me back to Aruba!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12