Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coldsteel337

Thread: Where to eat on the other end of Aruba

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars

Where to eat on the other end of Aruba

I was last here in 2010. Since then a place called the Rum Reef has opened between Baby Beach and Rogers Beach. We had good Grouper sandwiches there yesterday. It is an outdoor place and you can eat there or take the food back to the beach. Also a nice shop selling 'different' tourist items. I bought a bottle of Rum made on Aruba with sugar cane that was imported here. There is also a dive shop that I do not remember being there before

We drove into the National Park and after a few miles of the typical hard packed Aruban dirt roads we came upon what I will call an Oasis. Such a nice place in the middle of nowhere! A very well kept facility a few hundred yards from the sea & within site of 8 or 10 windmills ( the modern kind ) they had very cold beer & soda. GREAT ribs and chicken also. You can sit at the bar and they also have some tables. BATHROOMS too! There is also a small play area for kids with some playground stuff and sand boxes.

From here we drove on paved road to the visitor center and then out of the park. If you drive this part go slowly. The road is in great condition but they have numerous dips in the road to accamodate rain runoff. There are signs posted. We laso saw hundreds of wild goats in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by coldsteel337 View Post
    I was last here in 2010. Since then a place called the Rum Reef has opened between Baby Beach and Rogers Beach. We had good Grouper sandwiches there yesterday. It is an outdoor place and you can eat there or take the food back to the beach. Also a nice shop selling 'different' tourist items. I bought a bottle of Rum made on Aruba with sugar cane that was imported here. There is also a dive shop that I do not remember being there before

We drove into the National Park and after a few miles of the typical hard packed Aruban dirt roads we came upon what I will call an Oasis. Such a nice place in the middle of nowhere! A very well kept facility a few hundred yards from the sea & within site of 8 or 10 windmills ( the modern kind ) they had very cold beer & soda. GREAT ribs and chicken also. You can sit at the bar and they also have some tables. BATHROOMS too! There is also a small play area for kids with some playground stuff and sand boxes.
    We also love both Rum Reef Bar & Grill and Boca Prins Bar & Restaurant (the "oasis". )

We didn't buy anything at the shop near Rum Reef Bar but enjoyed looking at the different items they had.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    glad amy posted the name of the restaurant.
    i could not think of it.

it truly is an oasis out there!

here is a photo http://www.google.com/imgres?q=boca+...1t:429,r:5,s:0