Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where are your favorite Pastechis??

I must say, the best i have had was at the gift shop at the Natural Bridge. Holy cow those were good. They serve ICE cold Balashi too, which definitely help.

I went to the Pastechi House in town, thinking that they would be good since thats what they specialize in, but I must say I was disappointed.

So who can recommend their favorite Pastechi stop???
    Next Aruba trip in

What kind of pastechis did they have there? I love the plain cheese ones. Got hooked on those at LaVista breakfast buffet at the Marriott.

The best Pastechi you can find them at the airport, try it and let us now. There is another place in downtown we call Violla and on friday they fill the Pastechi with shrimp or conch ...... waw waw waw delicious.

They had plain cheese and beef. MMMMM. I'll have to try the ones at the airport. Where is Violla?
    Next Aruba trip in

my choice is the bakery attached to the certified grocery store, they also have one in santa cruz...the name is huchada (sp)....they have great ones....
    although I have to agree that the ones at the natural bridge are great also, we make a point of riding out and stopping in for those and their frozen rum drinks...yummy...
    wonder where they get theirs from ????
    A friend of ours that is Aruban always brings us fresh made ones in the morning when we are on the island and they are awesome....will have to ask him where he gets them, they rate right up there with the other 2...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Where?
    At home...My husband's recipe !!!

Arubalisa, does he ship to Florida? LOL Ya'll are making me hungry for pastechis and I have 6 more weeks to wait!!! Thanks for the info. Will have to try some of these places. Didn't realize they had them at the airport! Since we'll be in town for 5 days, I'm also curious where Violla is located.

Love Pastechi's!!!! Ate so many of them during our 5 week vacation I still can't fit back into my blue jeans LOL. Where in the airport is the pastechi stand?

There is a little road side stand in Paradera that has great ones too, always drive there for them, its right before the entrance/left turn to Paradera Park Apts.

Yes, where are thes pastechis at the airport? Is it in the terminal (through security)? I would love to grab one when I get there but dont want to slow myself down going through Customs etc. If it's outside, I'm definitely game!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    in all of our visits, paul and i have never eaten a pastechi. :-(
    but we have eaten our fair share of stroopwaffels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast