Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: White fish suggestion

White fish suggestion

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE FAR FROM FISH EATERS,, ( MAYBE TUNA OUT OF CAN ONCE OF YEAR ) ,,SHRIMP ALSO, ANYWAY, HAVE SUCH A WANT TO EAT A WHITE FISH, THAT DOESNT TASTE FISHY AT ALL, SUGGESTION AS TO WHAT AND WHERE IS BEST, WE WILL BE STAYING AT THE HILTON

I prefer Wahoo (just grilled with lemon so it's not greasy.) It's a very nice, light tasting (but meaty in texture) white fish. It's almost similar to Halibut if I had to compare it to another fish. For me, grouper is okay but too light and lacks flavor (and it seems like most places like to pan fry which is not my style.) Wacky Wahoo has Wahoo on their menu and most places will offer it if it's the "catch of the day".

Like most things though, a lot of it depends on how the fish is prepared and what your tastes are so also take that into consideration when choosing a fish to try.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Aruba since 1979
    i prefer grouper and barracuda takes a close 2nd.
    sea bass is incredibly mild too as is lion fish.
    however grouper is found more frequently on the menu than the last 2.

Does Chilean Sea Bass taste like lobster? I thought I read that on another post on here somewhere, anyone try it?

Aruba since 1979
    Sea bass we have it every now and again, here in FLA, and only a couple of times in aruba.
    it is very very mild. it is sort of sweet and maybe a "hint" of a lobster taste... hint is the keyword.

if one is looking for a fish that tastes LOTS like lobster....try monkfish.
    it can be special ordered at hannaford and publix.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Does Chilean Sea Bass taste like lobster? I thought I read that on another post on here somewhere, anyone try it?

Neither of us go much for fish. In Aruba I will order grouper on occasion and have enjoyed it. After reading so many positive comments about Barneys Parmesan grouper I decided to give it a try. The grouper was delicious. At home we eat a lot of shellfish but when in Aruba I seem to only order shrimp.

I am not a fish person at all. If it tasted like Maine lobster I would be very interested though in trying it. Thanks for the responses.

Aruba since 1979
    jay....it does not taste enough like new england lobster to warrant ordering. if you like a moist white and mild whitefish, sea bass is terrific.
    if you are not a fish person, dont waste your $ or time

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am not a fish person at all. If it tasted like Maine lobster I would be very interested though in trying it. Thanks for the responses.

Grouper

Thanks again, I will stick with my Filet and Maine Lobsters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast