Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: White fish suggestion

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Since you are staying at the Hilton, I suggest you walk down to the Pelican pier one evening around 6 pm. It is between the Playa Linda and Holiday Inn. The Pelicans Nest restaurant at the end of the pier serves grouper that is grilled to perfection. It comes with rice and grilled vegetables and a roll. Grouper does not taste like fish at all. It is a very mild, sweet tasting meal. You sit on the deck watching the sunset. They also serve some meat dishes so you could split dinners if you wanted to. One get beef and one get grouper and share. my bet is that the one that gets the grouper will not want to share. The price last May was $21.00. On the low side for dinner on Aruba but one of the best meals we get. We have been eating there 2 or 3 times a trip now.(11 days to 2 weeks) I think they are closed on Monday but I could be wrong. You can see the menu at the following link.
    www.visitaruba.com/readBlob.d?id=770&list=true . This link does not work on this site but if you type it into your browser, it will pull up on a separate page. Don't know why it wont pull up here.
    Last edited by arubabob; 03-19-2016 at 12:28 PM.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Since you are staying at the Hilton, I suggest you walk down to the Pelican pier one evening around 6 pm. It is between the Playa Linda and Holiday Inn. The Pelicans Nest restaurant at the end of the pier serves grouper that is grilled to perfection. It comes with rice and grilled vegetables and a roll. Grouper does not taste like fish at all. It is a very mild, sweet tasting meal. You sit on the deck watching the sunset. They also serve some meat dishes so you could split dinners if you wanted to. One get beef and one get grouper and share. my bet is that the one that gets the grouper will not want to share. The price last May was $21.00. On the low side for dinner on Aruba but one of the best meals we get. We have been eating there 2 or 3 times a trip now.(11 days to 2 weeks) I think they are closed on Monday but I could be wrong. You can see the menu at the following link.
    www.visitaruba.com/readBlob.d?id=770&list=true . This link does not work on this site but if you type it into your browser, it will pull up on a separate page. Don't know why it wont pull up here.
    This link might work:

http://www.visitaruba.com/sea-food/p...ood-grill-bar/

Is the Pelican Nest accessible with a scooter?

Does anyone know how is the grouper at the Buccaners? They do have specials on Wednesdays bogo?
    Really enjoyed the fish at the Paddock sitting outside on their deck area by the water. So peaceful and relaxing that is when you don't mind waiting for the check.

Aruba since 1979
    paul and i have had grouper as well as barracuda t buccaneer numerous times.
    we have ALWAYS had great meals there.

my favorite is their poached grouper, stuffed with crab.

paul and i have not eaten at the paddock in over 15 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Does anyone know how is the grouper at the Buccaners? They do have specials on Wednesdays bogo?
    Really enjoyed the fish at the Paddock sitting outside on their deck area by the water. So peaceful and relaxing that is when you don't mind waiting for the check.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    This link might work:

I would think you could access by scooter. The walkway is pretty wide, and the tables fairly far apart, but like Bugaloe there are no side rails/ropes/etc. There is a walkway from the "boardwalk" down the sand and a ramp up to the pier. In any event, I agree that the grouper dinner is very good and an excellent price. We always try to get Carlos for a waiter, he is very nice and attentive.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    This link might work:

Yes it is accessible by scooter. The boardwalk goes almost to the ramp on the pier and they lay a thick carpet from the walkway to the ramp in the evening so you don't go on the sand at all. They might have to move a chair or two to get you situated but nothing more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123