Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Wilhelmina's - January 2016

  1. #21
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,485
    We've certainly paid more for less on the island. I won't mention any names but it's all relative to the subjective assessment of quality and experience.

  2. #22
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Oh, yes, very pricey. There are a few restaurants on the island with similar pricing (not many) and maybe only 1-2 more pricey (that aren't specialized boutique spots) that I know of.

    My take away problem was (believe it or not) there was nothing on the menu that I really, really wanted......I defaulted to the duck. But, honestly, I don't go to Aruba to eat duck.....or european seabass, or chilean seabass, or turbot, or dover sole, or cornish hen, or indonesia roast pork.....I can get those frozen goods back in Rhode Island. Really.....take an undersized piece of something out of the freezer, cover it wth some sort of gravy or sauce to disguise it, put some fancy works of vegetable art on and around it and, voila, you've got a $50 entree. Thats just my opinion, folks. I like it fresh, I like it local. The only art I want on my plate is the art of light seasoning coupled with very carefully and correctly cooked food.

    No mahi mahi, no grouper, no barracuda, no wahoo, no caribbean lobster....no go back.
    Last edited by rob o; 01-10-2016 at 04:30 PM.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  3. #23
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    I correct myself, the duck was $36
    still twice as much at TDS $32

  4. #24
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,762
    I am pretty lazy on vacation, I am not sure we will make it off the Ritz property next trip, lol. I have never had duck so I will be honest I have no idea what it is suppose to be priced like. Was it good? Are you referring to the restaurant at Tierra Del Sol?

  5. #25
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am pretty lazy on vacation, I am not sure we will make it off the Ritz property next trip, lol. I have never had duck so I will be honest I have no idea what it is suppose to be priced like. Was it good? Are you referring to the restaurant at Tierra Del Sol?
    Yes, she is referring to Ventanas del Mar at TDS, Tierra del Sol.....where the views are unparalled.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  6. #26
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,485
    "When I was a small boy, my father told me never to recommend a church or a woman to anyone. And I have found it wise never to recommend a restaurant either. Something always goes wrong with the cheese soufflé.”

    Edmund G. Love

  7. #27
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    "When I was a small boy, my father told me never to recommend a church or a woman to anyone. And I have found it wise never to recommend a restaurant either. Something always goes wrong with the cheese soufflé.”

    Edmund G. Love
    Awesome quote! However......keep recommending! After all, we're all friends on this site and "vive la difference".
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  8. #28
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,897
    i have had restaurant suggestions come back and bite me in my not so little bum.

    but i still continue to post my thoughts and suggestions

    act1966 and i have a favorite place up in the high rise area. it has a secret sauce.

  9. #29
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i have had restaurant suggestions come back and bite me in my not so little bum.

    but i still continue to post my thoughts and suggestions

    act1966 and i have a favorite place up in the high rise area. it has a secret sauce.
    Nuggets de poulet avec sauce moutarde au miel!! $45. Gratuities not included. Merci!
    Last edited by act1966; 01-10-2016 at 06:18 PM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    130
    I always love reading everyone's reviews on this board. We all like different things to eat and we all have different ideas of what we would pay for dinner but I still love reading about everyone's experience! Thanks for telling us about your delicious sounding night out!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO