Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Windows on Aruba

Has anyone been here recently? Is the interior as nice as it looks on the web-site? Is the food worth the price? Any other comments?? Thanks!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We don't go to any place that you have to wear long pants to. My husband refuses to pack them. Though, I would like to try it.

We were there last year and DH didn't wear long pants - is that a new rule? Even Mathilde did away with that although he won't go to Le Dome because of the rule The one year I made a res there for the terrace and when we arrived they'd given away our table (we were early not late) and wanted to give my husband long pants to wear - yeah right! Haven't been back as he is stubborn but with the proliferation of wonderful restaurants here I haven't pushed it.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda VH View Post
    We were there last year and DH didn't wear long pants - is that a new rule? Even Mathilde did away with that although he won't go to Le Dome because of the rule The one year I made a res there for the terrace and when we arrived they'd given away our table (we were early not late) and wanted to give my husband long pants to wear - yeah right! Haven't been back as he is stubborn but with the proliferation of wonderful restaurants here I haven't pushed it.

Le Dome does not require long pants anymore.

Had friends that dined there last week and they raved about the meal. Bob said he had filet mignon that he could cut with his fork. They weren't rushed and thier meal lasted 2 1/2 hrs.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Joe, do you know if they still require long pants?

Have been and Dh wore dressy shorts and no one said a word. Maybe they have decided it would be in their best interests to forgot the "long pants rule".
    I agree with CindyO/RobO....anywhere I have to get dressed to go is OUT !!! Reason I have still not gone to Matilda's.....even though you know are not required to be dressed. Too many other good restaurants to worry about a dress code.
    BTW....go to LeDome every year for their Sunday brunch and have yet to wear anything but shorts...Dh included...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Have been there twice. I loved it, nice atmosphere, good food, service. My DH doesnt want to go back, I think he felt it was overpriced. Yet he doesnt mind paying at other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Joe, do you know if they still require long pants?
    Lisa I don't know for sure however, I do recall talking to Irene and Bob when they were on the way over to Windows and I would most certainly have noticed if Bob were wearing long pants. As you know, they only time you see any men wearing long pants at the Tam is when they're on there way to tha airport.

If you want to know for certain from a packing perspective, you could e-mail Osbaldo (Tam Manager) and ask. I have his e-mail if you need it.

Joe
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    If you want to know for certain from a packing perspective, you could e-mail Osbaldo (Tam Manager) and ask. I have his e-mail if you need it.

Joe
    Thanks for the offer Joe. Talked it over with dh and he said he is still not sure if he would like to go, and will definitely not go if he has to wear long pants which he does not bring...SO...we will wait until we get there and play it by ear. Thanks again?

Can I still make room requests through Lisa N.? I did last year and she gave us a perfect room in 1200 after requesting 1300, but we had to switch rooms once we got there because the room in 1200 had no WIFI connection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast