Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Windows on Aruba

How is this place ? Anybody know if they have a dress code ?

Aruba since 1979
    here is the link to a very good aruba restaurant site.
    the reason i like this site is it has reviews.
    http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/view...ml?REST_ID=188
    and as far as dress code..........smart casual
    sun dresses or nice short sets for women
    kahki shorts and nice shirts for men

or no tees, flip flops, cut offs etc...
    this place is upscale although not overly dressy.

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    How is this place ? Anybody know if they have a dress code ?

Amazing restaurant, good food and good service!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

This place is awesome and the service is top notch.

In June and December, Windows on Aruba was on our "must do" list. Imo, it is a very classy fine dining restaurant, but not for everyone. You will not be "in and out" in an hour. Please look at the menu first http://www.windowsonaruba.com/download/Mainmenu2010.pdf
    We were a little leery about having dinner there in December with some of our "picky" eaters. They had some problems with the salads and appetizers, but the "meat and potatoes" folks had no trouble with and actually raved about the beef and desserts. Again, this restaurant is not for everyone.

From our December trip report:
    "A concern for us was the dress code. When the restaurant opened, men were required to wear long pants. Since then it seems that the management has dropped this restriction to entice more diners. It worked for us. Dh no longer travels to Aruba with long pants.

We hopped a ride aboard the Divi/Tamarijn golf cart shuttle for a ride over to the restaurant. Upon arriving and having a reservation we thought it a bit odd that we were asked to have a seat at the bar while our table was readied. There were plenty of open tables. After about 10 minutes we were led to our window side table. That was what the wait for and it was worth it. We had a table overlooking the Divi Linkís island green as well the swimming pool. The entire restaurant is very elegant with beautiful floor to ceiling windows, large elaborate armed chairs and granite topped tables with linen tablecloths or linen runners.

Our dinner consisted of Tuna and teriyaki...Tuna tataki with seaweed, curry mayonnaise and teriyaki sauce as well as two orders of Scallops and mango...Grilled scallop, gratinated scallop and pan fried scallop with sea weed salad and mango papaya chutney. Entrees were two orders of Sea bass and risotto...Atlantic sea bass fillet, jumbo shrimp, spinach risotto and white wine sauce with flying fish caviar and Tenderloin and beans...US black Angus tenderloin, mashed potato, spring vegetables and a port sauce. Everything was delicious and beautiful arranged. I donít remember what dessert consisted of, but I am sure dh and dd had something chocolate."

Windows on Aruba

This restaurant is beautiful inside. The view is exceptional. Appears very elegant and yet I felt comfortable wearing a sundress while my husband had on shorts. Food was very good, however, portions are small. They go for food presentation as opposed to portion size. So it would not be for the hearty appetite I would say. Service was excellent. The wait staff very attentive.
    I would recommend it, we are going again this year for my birthday. We went early about 6pm and had the place almost all to ourself in September of last year. Enjoy it you go!