Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: The Wine Room ?

The Wine Room ?

Saw in a post "lisa" I think going to wine room... for tasting...
    Sounds very cool... can't find much about it on inet... but a Facebook page...

Looks like open Fri - Sat nite only... and Sat is a reservation deal ???

Other tips... who to call/email...

Be in Aua in couple weeks and always looking to try something new.

Thanks,
    mike&lisa

Don't know if she will see this, ArubaAmy is in Aruba and was there over the weekend and said it was terrific. https://www.facebook.com/ArubaWine?hc_location=stream

It seems they are great about responding on their FB page.

We were at The Wine Room last week (we're currently still in Aruba right now) and loved it. If you love wine, love trying new wine, etc. then it should be right up your alley. It's a very small place and they're only open on Friday and Saturdays nights. Call or email ahead of time to make sure he has space/time for you. Monrick is the owner and it's a one man operation - he is very knowledgeable about wine so it was great to sit and talk to him as he suggested different wines to try. He provides snacks as well (cheese, bread, olives, etc.) Price is $75/person. It's located in a strip mall called The Orange Plaza on the main highway between downtown and the high rise hotels (near Divi golf course). Just look for the Red Fish restaurant - it's in that area and it's located way in the back of the strip mall.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 03-31-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Hi Amy,
    So, what does the $40.00 include?
    Thanks,

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    TripAdvisor has some nice info and pictures:

The Wine Room

Add to trip

Italiestraat 50, Oranjestad West, Oranjestad 00000, Aruba +(297)280-2681

Update restaurant details

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...tad_Aruba.html

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    And here is their FB site:

The Wine Room

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wine-Room/454618021290641

Quote Originally Posted by jpsphr View Post
    Hi Amy,
    So, what does the $40.00 include?
    Thanks,
    We were there for about 3 1/2 hours and had about 4 different wines, a port, and snacks (gouda wrapped with nice salami, an aged cheese, olives, baguette and oil.) He will give you his undivided attention and help you pick out wines to drink the for evening based on what you like. It's like sampling wine with a good friend...a good friend who knows ALOT about wine. Not sure if we picked other wines if the price would have been more or less. We were just there for the experience. Send Monrick an email and ask him. He's a great guy!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Amy,
    Thanks for the description. Will do.
    Enjoy the rest of your stay.

After reading on the BB about the wine tasting I decided to book it for our family of 7. I made arrangements in April for a Dec. wine tasting and then booked my other dinners around it. We reconnected in November to go over wine preference and tapas and thought we were good to go for our evening. We arrived at Orange Plaza for our 9pm wine tasting to find everything closed and number posted on door was out of service. I emailed the owner and he "forgot" about our date. We then spoke over the phone and while he was very apologetic, I couldn't really get a true or straight answer about what had happened to his missing our scheduled evening. While he appeared sincere in his apparent missed appointment, he tried to make it up to us by trying to reschedule or do a tasting at our hotel. We were leaving in a few days and had already made dinner plans so this was not going to happen. He dropped off a bottle of red wine and a sparkling wine with a note of apology (which was a nice touch).
    We love wine and really didn't need to go to a wine tasting but thought it would be different and fun to do as a family group. I am going to assume from the dropped off wine, that was what he was going to use for the wine tasting so from that I can say that the wine is not of a high caliber. If you like good wine, you can pick up better wine on your own to enjoy. We won't be rescheduling...
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents