Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Wok Away

Wok Away

Wok Away is a neat little concept restaurant in Santa Cruz. I put photos and a full explanation on my blog.

The short version is think Chinese made to order before your eyes. You select a base item such as noodles, rice, or vegetables then choose add-ons to your liking, such as shrimp, chicken, pork, beef, then more stuff like broccoli, bamboo shoots and that, then wrap it up with a choice of sauce. Cost for an order averages about $12 US and it will feed two people.

It's easy to find, just turn left at the light at Balashi, go up the hill to Santa Cruz and keep looking to your left. If you get to the light in Santa Cruz you missed it.

Enjoy.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Thumbs up Wok Away Restaurant

Wok Away, a formula based on european succes, is a healthy fastfood concept located right on the main road in SANTA CRUZ next to (for locals well known )bar Rowigini's , before you reach the traffic lights on the left side coming from Balashi (main road Oranjestad to San Nicolas).

The idea is that you combine your own meal/ ingredients which is being prepared right in front of you.

The menu consists of 4 basic meals, rice, noodles, vegetarian mix or soup.
    Once you have chosen 1 of those basic meals you go to step 2 and choose your meat and/ or more veggies, finally, step 3, you choose your sauce which is free.

Everything is stir-fried in a wok right where you stand so you can see exactly what goes in your meal and how it is being prepared. Low fat and all ingredients are fresh and prepared the same day.
    Fast food because once you have made your choice it takes only 4 minutes to prepare your dish on a professional high tempature wok stove.

Also for vegetarians!!!!!!
    Last edited by vatomasloco; 03-04-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    unsure if this is a self promotion
    will give it the benefit of the doubt

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by vatomasloco View Post
    Wok Away, a formula based on european succes, is a healthy fastfood concept located right on the main road in SANTA CRUZ next to (for locals well known )bar Rowigini's , before you reach the traffic lights on the left side coming from Balashi (main road Oranjestad to San Nicolas).

The idea is that you combine your own meal/ ingredients which is being prepared right in front of you.

The menu consists of 4 basic meals, rice, noodles, vegetarian mix or soup.
    Once you have chosen 1 of those basic meals you go to step 2 and choose your meat and/ or more veggies, finally, step 3, you choose your sauce which is free.

Everything is stir-fried in a wok right where you stand so you can see exactly what goes in your meal and how it is being prepared. Low fat and all ingredients are fresh and prepared the same day.
    Fast food because once you have made your choice it takes only 4 minutes to prepare your dish on a professional high tempature wok stove.

Also for vegetarians!!!!!!

will have to try it, am up for anything once.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Wok Away is a neat little concept restaurant in Santa Cruz. I put photos and a full explanation on my blog.

The short version is think Chinese made to order before your eyes. You select a base item such as noodles, rice, or vegetables then choose add-ons to your liking, such as shrimp, chicken, pork, beef, then more stuff like broccoli, bamboo shoots and that, then wrap it up with a choice of sauce. Cost for an order averages about $12 US and it will feed two people.

It's easy to find, just turn left at the light at Balashi, go up the hill to Santa Cruz and keep looking to your left. If you get to the light in Santa Cruz you missed it.

Enjoy.

A very good suggestion WOK AWAY restuarant and did you know that they also have a delivery service????

Did not know about delivery. But like to stop in when I'm in transit from one end of the island to the other.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

two first posts, smells like spam to me. It also worked because I enjoy these types of restaurants and it can be hard finding something my wife (vegetarian) will eat as well.

As for the concept, it has been around for a long time. No different than Subway, Chipotle or countless others.

Well we know that SanNic's is not spam so it must be good!