Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Question Wondering about Mirandi

Does anyone know if a wonderful restaurant on the beach by the airport called Mirandi is still around. We were there a few years ago and they mentioned they were moving because they were developing the land with condos/timeshares.
    Thanks!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    The Aruba govenment ruled again building condo's on the beach where Marandi was located. Marandi moved to their new location in Oct. 2007. They are now located past the airport going towards San Nicolas. Website: http://marandi-aruba.com/ Location: http://marandi-aruba.com/images/map.gif

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    The new location is really beautiful. Much nicer than the old one. HAven't been in 2 years though to eat.

Smile

Thanks for info. Anxious to try new location.
    Susan

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Thumbs up

The new location of Marandi is kinda behind the airport, almost at the marina.
    It is very beautiful there and you have fantastic views and perfect sunsets and you will not be bothered by all the sandfleas.

Been there several times already this year and just like most of the locals that we know, we find it to be the best or at least in the very top of all the restaurants on Aruba.
    But please, keep it to yourselves or it will be hard to get a table as it is quite small .
    It is a little hard to find and it is not exactly cheap, but it is worth it every time.

They also have a fantastic staff there.

P.S. No matter what, even if you are completely full from the appetizer and the main course, make sure you order the "Grand dessert". That alone is worth the drive there.
    (I once saw a girl that didn't know and she ordered a normal dessert and when she saw on the other tables what she was missing, she fell apart, and from what I hear she is still going to the shrink every second day to deal with it, so consider this a fair warning.)

Happy feasting

Carsten
    Last edited by Schnauzerjoy; 05-06-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Smile Thanks!

You are too funny - Loved your note! Great info and I won't let the secret out!! We were at the "old" one and absolutely loved it. I can't wait to show my husband your note -- he is the dessert nut and sometimes would rather just have that instead of a meal!!
    We will be going next week!
    Take care,
    Susan