Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Worst Madame Janette's Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I guess she must have been very busy. Too many tables to wait on and some of those tables are large groups. On my last visit, my waitress was very busy that I also did not see her after she took my order. It did take a long time for our entry to come out but i flagged one of the assistant for another Martini and he got it wrong. I wanted the martini with a twist of lime and he brought it with Olives. He took it back and made it right.

At Chalet Suise I usually don't see the waiter for a long time but they have a lot of assistant waiters that come around asking if you want another drink and check up on you. Perhaps they need to adapt their system.Same with Quinta De Carmen, someone is always checking up on you if the waiter is too busy.
    No large groups that time of day. She just disappeared and nobody told us. Like I said, things happen but let us know. This is not some chain restaurant.
    April/May in Aruba - ahhh

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    I agree with your comments. We were in MJ 2 or 3 times and never were crazy about the service and quality of food. We hab similar experience with the waitress. When she disappeared all of the sudden and other guys were serving us.
    Other people would have been fine. NO people is not.

Madame Janette still is one of my favorite restaurants on the island. The food is always good, the drinks are very good, love the atmosphere, great wine selection and large beer selection.

That is story is too funny. Calling the restaurant from your table to get service! Might have to steal that idea one day.
    Sean and Susan

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I guess she must have been very busy. Too many tables to wait on and some of those tables are large groups. On my last visit, my waitress was very busy that I also did not see her after she took my order. It did take a long time for our entry to come out but i flagged one of the assistant for another Martini and he got it wrong. I wanted the martini with a twist of lime and he brought it with Olives. He took it back and made it right.

At Chalet Suise I usually don't see the waiter for a long time but they have a lot of assistant waiters that come around asking if you want another drink and check up on you. Perhaps they need to adapt their system.Same with Quinta De Carmen, someone is always checking up on you if the waiter is too busy.
    Chalet Suisse has the best staff on the island IMHO.

What did the Manager on duty do/say?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Chalet Suisse has the best staff on the island IMHO.
    I agree. Chalet Suisse is so efficient. One time, we were at Pizza Bob's ( who is known for typically bad service, and definitely not anywhere near the same league as Madame Janette's and Chalet Suisse). Our waiter at Pizza Bob's apparently was also the pizza delivery guy that night. He brought our pizza, then picked up the delivery bag, and left. He was gone for almost an hour. During that time, not one person came over to ask if we needed anything. When he returned, he brought over our check like nothing was unusual. You would think that they would have someone cover his tables when he's out making deliveries. I think I got up and took our glasses to the bar for refills,at some point, or that could have been another time. Their service there is so hit or miss, that I've learned to take matters into my own hands.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    ...once in California we went so long without seeing anyone, that we(our son actually) called the restaurant from our table to complain-service got better then.
    Now this I like: Use your phone to call the restaurant and ask to have someone visit the table you're sitting at. Love it!

Apologized at not meeting our expectations and hoped we would change our minds for the future.

I stopped going after several instances of poor service. Every time I went there (I dine solo) I always ended up seated "on the rocks" which is quite uncomfortable. Last time I was under a tree right after a pouring rain. One bit of breeze and I was showered. The last time I went the waiter served my entrée to another table, and after that person picked over it and finally determined it wasn't her order, the waiter tried to take it from her and serve it to me directly. I made him send back for another entrée, and that one was rushed so much that my steak was underdone. I ended up taking it back to my room, where I cooked it the rest of the way myself...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12