Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Yemanja Grill with a 3 yr old

Hello all...
    I have been hearing more and more that this place is a hidden gem, but this year we are bringing our son and we are planning our restaurant visits to be early and kid friendly (Buccaneer, etc). If we went early enough, would Yemanja be ok ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated...Thanks, in advance !

I do not think there is anything there to keep his attention that long.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

We have been going to Aruba since our youngest was 4 and we did take our kids to some of the nicer restaurants but did it early as you suggest. We use to bring gameboy (the older version of what is now a PSP) and some other material to keep the kids busy. We also did not make it a long dinning experience. Having just been to this restaurant last night, I highly recommend it. If you need to bring your 3 year old, I would suggest sitting outside and doing the first sitting at 6:30pm. Service was fantastic so I am sure if you explain that you would like to eat a little more quickly, they will accomodate.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I"ve never been to Yemanja Grill, but I have a 3 year old and I eat out with him all the time. Aruba is largely a family vacation spot. Our 3 year old has a decent amount of experience eating out and we have good success with him as long as we bring a couple things for him to do. I say go for it, and just bring crayons, legos, small toy cars, etc. Sometimes we ask our server to put the whole order in at once so that the meal moves quickly. You could bring raisins or another popular snack to keep your child occupied in case he or she gets hungry before the food arrives.

I think it depends on your child - and only you would know the answer to that.

We've seen well behaved children at restaurants in Aruba and we've seen children who have ruined quiet, romantic dinners for everyone around.

Yemanja is a relaxing, quiet dining experience. As long as your child is quiet, well-behaved, and can sit for a period of time, you'll be fine. Going earlier in the evening (6:30pm) would also be a good idea since most couples will usually opt for an 8pm reservation.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I see this is downtown. Is this in walking distance from the Renaissance?

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    I see this is downtown. Is this in walking distance from the Renaissance?
    Yep. It's kinda behind the Renaissance Marina Tower. It's located in Que Pasa's old location.

Last edited by ~Amy~; 12-17-2008 at 02:58 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

WOW! Thank's Amy.