Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Yemanja Woodfire Grill - January 2016

Was it Rhumba Wine Bar? Our very first trip we went to Rhumba's but I don't really recall exactly where it was. I remember walking to the bus station after because the bartender encouraged us to take the bus.

Aruba since 1979
    hahaha yes it was indeed Rhumba
    we LOVED that place.

i remember that at one point the owner had 2 restuarants running at the same time.
    Rhumba's closed and Matthews thrived.

my fault..i hijacked and made this off topic
    sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Was it Rhumba Wine Bar? Our very first trip we went to Rhumba's but I don't really recall exactly where it was. I remember walking to the bus station after because the bartender encouraged us to take the bus.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by sbatjc View Post
    I looked for a post that might work to ask a question about this place. We have never been. When I made the reservation it gave two options for inside and outside. We usually always pick outside if there is an option but this said "outside- Smoking" "inside - air conditioning" . My wife really struggles with smoke. Does anyone know if this would be a problem? Is the inside nice as well? Thanks for the help!

I struggle with smoke also, and I'm very careful to avoid it if I can. We've eaten at Yemanja several times, always outside. There hasn't been anyone smoking near us when we've been there. I doubt that you will have any problems.

Yemanja is on our list for November and we are definitely getting there this time! I really want to try their Snickertini cocktail for dessert.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Stefan owned Rumba's at Adventura (spelling) Mall behind the Ren. Upstairs was Casa Tua Barcelona. Not sure when Casa Tua opened but has been closed for years. They had great food and entertainment. Where Yemanja is now used to be Que Pasa. It escapes me the reason why Que Pasa moved to their current location, less than a 1/2 block away. I know Yemanja opened the first week of July 2007 as I dined there when they opened. .

We we usually park about three blocks inland. Just outside the paid parking spots.

Quote Originally Posted by angelone View Post
    If you are going to go there where do you park?
    Trip #13 Coming Up Next In October.

THE ARUBA PEARL. OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT.
    https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k

Aruba since 1979
    so, yemanja is not in the original location of rhumba

obviously my memory of the locations of those places are screwy

ok, let's get back on the topic of seating at yemanja

thanks all
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Stefan owned Rumba's at Adventura (spelling) Mall behind the Ren. Upstairs was Casa Tua Barcelona. Not sure when Casa Tua opened but has been closed for years. They had great food and entertainment. Where Yemanja is now used to be Que Pasa. It escapes me the reason why Que Pasa moved to their current location, less than a 1/2 block away. I know Yemanja opened the first week of July 2007 as I dined there when they opened. .

Quote Originally Posted by sbatjc View Post
    I looked for a post that might work to ask a question about this place. We have never been. When I made the reservation it gave two options for inside and outside. We usually always pick outside if there is an option but this said "outside- Smoking" "inside - air conditioning" . My wife really struggles with smoke. Does anyone know if this would be a problem? Is the inside nice as well? Thanks for the help!
    We've eaten here four times: twice inside and twice outside. I actually prefer inside as the patio is all fenced in - I think it's because you're in the heart of downtown and nobody wants a view of an alley. There are so many beautiful places to eat outside in Aruba, I wouldn't roll the dice at Yemanja if the smoking is going to be a factor. But make sure you get a table away from the wood fire grill it's as hot as the sun!!

Thanks for all the help!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234