Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    jaw

Yemanja woodfired grill

We had eaten there a few times and liked the restaurant very much. In December 2010 we ate there again and all four of us thought the food was very salty on different items we selected. Very disappointed.

Hesitant to try again without an update from others that have eaten there recently. Any comments from recent diners would be appreciated.

We are going to be in Aruba 12/05/11 to 12/12/11.

From 9/24 to 10/7 we ate there twice with no concerns, one night was the two of us and the other was there was eight of us. There were no complaints from the party of eight.

jaw
    Pattyt,

Thanks for the report on your recent visit.

If we go, we hope we are not disappointed again.

We ate there in July and it was really good. Four of went and each had a different meal. No complaints.

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    Quote Originally Posted by jaw View Post
    We had eaten there a few times and liked the restaurant very much. In December 2010 we ate there again and all four of us thought the food was very salty on different items we selected. Very disappointed.

Hesitant to try again without an update from others that have eaten there recently. Any comments from recent diners would be appreciated.
    Our party of 3 (and we ARE foodies) went last night. I started with their soup special, a shrimp bisque. It had plenty of flavor, a great consistency, and was thick, but not by way of cream. (They had made a proper rue, and made a shrimp stock. It was red in color.)

Others had their fish chowder (tons of minced, fresh fish, nicely smokey taste, creamy and delicious) and their attractively plated tuna tartarre.

For mains, we had the skirt steak (delicious), the yellowfin tuna in peach/mango chutney, and (I don't remember what the 3rd gal had)... Each of us was very happy with the taste, presentation, and service.

Whatever bad over-salting experience you had, that was not at all the case last night. I highly suggest you're giving them another shot.

We were there in May 2011, and thought it was salty, no wood fired flavor and poor execution. If you return, I hope you have a better experience.