Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Young Fellow BBQ, video

Young Fellow is a local joint located on the highway, south of the airport. I've been driving by it too many times and finally popped in for the Sunday BBQ. Mrs. 44 and I enjoyed it and I just posted a video on my blog of the meal and such.

Here's the review: for 13 florins, about 7 dollars, you get 1/4 chicken, 1/4 rack of ribs, about 3 cups of white rice, baked beans, mashed potatoes with bits of red beet, peas, and corn mixed in, as well as a chunk of corn on the cob. Good deal! Food was made right there on the grill in front of us. They also have fish if you'd like.

Guy working the grill was friendly and fun and the lady behind the bar didn't laugh when I unrolled my own flatware. I only bring my own fork and knife because I refuse to eat anything with my fingers. (Drives Mrs. 44 crazy.) And the plastic forks and knives are okay for everything but the ribs.

Place may be a good stop going back and forth to Baby Beach or when you're rolling around the island looking for something different. These Sunday BBQ's in Aruba are going to pack the pounds on me.

Enjoy and bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)

We have driven by this place countless times over the years and have always thought about stopping in. May have to try it on the next trip.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016