Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Zeerovers- Worth a Cab ride from Eagle Beach?

I'd guess that the one-way cab fare would be, at a minimum, US$30.00. As others have said, the menu is limited to what Zeerovers' fleet brings is that day, no choice on preparation, only fried, beer but maybe also wine, windy enough that everything on the picnic tables need to be anchored down, cash only, only table service are runners delivering your food, extraordinarily casual atmosphere and service. So, if the R/T dab fare is US$60.00, pre-tip, meal with, say, two pops each, your total may be in the neighborhood of US$100.00. I would say, no it is not worth the single purpose cab ride from Eagle Beach.

Agree with other posters. Its a long ride and only fried food on a picnic table with some friendly flies. Must be a good buck for a taxi there too. Very local place right on the water where some local fisherman dock their boats. I would not call this a dinner destination. But, if you are near it around 3 to 5 pm you will see local fisherman come in with their catch of the day. There is a filet and cleaning pit where is is amazing to watch the fish mongers cut up a ton of fish. So many different types of beautiful and all types of species and colors. Barracuda, Red fish, Wahoo and Giant Grouper to name a few. The sunset here with a cocktail are to die for. The beer is cheap and cold. A great people watching place, as the locals come in and order their fish and shrimp to bring home. Friendly locals playing their music on the jukebox and a dock to take a little stroll on. Its an old time fisherman shack on the water that gives you a feel of what Aruba must have been like in the early days. Tip: if you do want to try the fried fish, our local friends recommend the barracuda filet, it is tasty.
    Sean and Susan

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    It would cost as much for a cab ride as it would for a 1 day car rental. Driving on Aruba is easier than in Tulsa except for the lack of signs. That just makes it more interesting. You could do several sights on the south end and have lunch at Zs. Baby Beach, Casibari rock formations and a cave or climb the haystack could all be seen in 1 day. Our personal fish preference though is Pelicans Nest on Pelican pier between Playa Linda and Holiday Inn.

Thanks for the comments, I am going to rule that out. Been to Pinchos by cab and loved it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12