Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 6 weeks left - What am I missing?

Question 6 weeks left - What am I missing?

Hello We are leaving for our wedding in Aruba on 7/5 and getting married on 7/9 our wedding coordinator is amazing! (C&C)(Lissy Lampe) but I feel like I am not doing anything for the wedding as if I would be having it here in the states. I have been to Aruba about 10 times in my life but never saw or attended a wedding there.
    We have 26 guests coming and rented the "wedding villas" through Anneke (who is also very helpful) We have made our guests all welcome baskets, got the favors, and instead of a rehearsel dinner are planning a welcome BBQ at the villas, and have booked the Kuku Kanuku for a bachelor/bachelorette party two nights before. Our wedding is being held at the Divi but its a blessing ceremony as we already did the "legal" part here, I have read other blogs and they all talk about what documentation is needed but are they still needed for the blessing ceremony?
    Also I am really interested in doing "trash the dress" pictures - is that done the following day? I have so many more questions since the time is approaching and I am getting nervous! Any help, suggestions, advice would be great
    On another subject I have a little niece and nephew coming does anyone know if the Arubian supermarkets have Similac formula???

Aruba since 1979
    YES the grocery stores have SIMILAC products.

Your beach ceremony/blessing ceremony is strictly a blessing ceremony so no documentation is required and all of the translation stuff is a nonissue for you!!!

make sure you contact your planner so she can be in touch with your photographer for "trash the dress" scheduling.

who is your photographer?
    ask any other specific questions and hopefully we can answer.

mazeltov!! and congratulations :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    Hello We are leaving for our wedding in Aruba on 7/5 and getting married on 7/9 our wedding coordinator is amazing! (C&C)(Lissy Lampe) but I feel like I am not doing anything for the wedding as if I would be having it here in the states. I have been to Aruba about 10 times in my life but never saw or attended a wedding there.
    We have 26 guests coming and rented the "wedding villas" through Anneke (who is also very helpful) We have made our guests all welcome baskets, got the favors, and instead of a rehearsel dinner are planning a welcome BBQ at the villas, and have booked the Kuku Kanuku for a bachelor/bachelorette party two nights before. Our wedding is being held at the Divi but its a blessing ceremony as we already did the "legal" part here, I have read other blogs and they all talk about what documentation is needed but are they still needed for the blessing ceremony?
    Also I am really interested in doing "trash the dress" pictures - is that done the following day? I have so many more questions since the time is approaching and I am getting nervous! Any help, suggestions, advice would be great
    On another subject I have a little niece and nephew coming does anyone know if the Arubian supermarkets have Similac formula???

Hi! I had the same feeling...I had a different planner, but same result...I'm very happy with how my wedding turned out! The reason am replying is that our wedding photographer offered us a trash the dress photoshoot and he send us these links. So if you are looking for someone to do it, befriend him on facebook, and here are the links he send my husband and I. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=2e2cf39abc
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=189b20a47b

If you have questions, message me...and good luck!

Sas.

Thank you both - I absolutely love those/your pictures! Im going to get in contact with Lissy because my contract doesnt have the name of the photographer we are using, but maybe I can just hire Jason on my own.
    Sas - Did you do the trash the dress the next day?

Hi Lorraine...I'll be honest, I was scared in the beginning to trash my dress!!!!! but I survived!!! But when we go back next year for a small vacation, Jason promised to squeeze me in for another trashing! And between you and I, it's cheaper to hire him directly, my husband e-mailed him directly and saved us the commission we would have paid the planner. What color is your dress going to be? Which beach are you getting married on?

And Yes, the next day we had a Island Tour, with pictures at 4 different locations, that ended at the beach, for a trashing...

Sas.

Thanks for the heads up Sas, I just requested him on FB so hopefully he has an opening while we are there, My dress is white and I know how you feel about trashing it but honestly Im never going to use it again and if I have a daughter it will be so outdated by the time she marries .
    Were getting married on the Divi Pheonix beach with the reception there as well.
    Also maybe too personal of a question, but how does tipping work there? Of course I want to tip all the main people )Lissy, photographer, videographer, etc, is there anyone else that I should and maybe am not thinking of?
    Your help is making me feel so much better Thank you!!!

The Divi Pheonix is beautiful, we scouted that location with our photographer and it seemed nice, in the end he took us to some other places we liked better. Maybe when your photographer takes you to scout locations you'll find places you like better for your sunset shoot...There are a few breathtaking places in a place called arashi.

Concerning the tipping, according to my husband it all depends on the service you get and how happy you are with it. For example, our photography package guaranteed 800 pictures and 4 hours of service, and we received a little over 3000 pictures and he stayed for 6 hours, so obviously we tipped our photographer really well. On the other hand, our planner did exactly what was expected of him, no less and no more so his tip resembled the amount of work he put into my wedding, so I recommend being objective when tipping.

Let me know if you get through with your trash the dress, and I sincerely hope your wedding day is all you hope it is.

Sas.

If i were you stick to Lissy as she only uses the top 3 photographers and does not charge a commision fee. Why give this opportunity to someone else who you don't even know? Guaranteed Lissy's photographer also does Trash the dress sessions as every photographer does. I have links to on my website but self promoting is not me because this board is about giving advice to people. Trash the dress is awesome day or night photo sessions, ask Lissy or ask your photographer who already captured your wedding day and knows you a little more than the link guy above.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Munzenhofer View Post
    If i were you stick to Lissy as she only uses the top 3 photographers and does not charge a commision fee. Why give this opportunity to someone else who you don't even know? Guaranteed Lissy's photographer also does Trash the dress sessions as every photographer does. I have links to on my website but self promoting is not me because this board is about giving advice to people. Trash the dress is awesome day or night photo sessions, ask Lissy or ask your photographer who already captured your wedding day and knows you a little more than the link guy above.
    With all due respect munzenhofer you may be right to say all photographers do trash the dress, but I follow our photographer on facebook, and this is a picture he posted today...so trust me, I would not have recommended him unless I knew from first hand experience that he is really good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 weeks left - What am I missing?-263900_236547706358557_100000099871433_983285_2505419_n.jpg  
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-23-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks
    great photo :-)
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-23-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast