Aruba Beach

Thread: Advice for Flowers/Centerpieces

Advice for Flowers/Centerpieces

Hello everyone,

I am getting married at the Hyatt this August! I am so excited and all of the planning is coming along. The hardest thing for me to plan is flowers/centerpieces. Does anyone know a florist I can contact? I believe there is no "Aruba FLower" but are there certain flowers that stay better than others in Aruba? Also, if anyone has ANY pictures of centerpieces for me to get some ideas.... I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Polina

I'm having a wedding in ARuba in June and I still haven't picked my centerpieces! I know you can't have anything too tall or it'll blow over with the wind if you're outside as well as no candles b/c they won't stay lit!

I brought my bouquet with me. I didn't want anything big, so it fit into a shoe box, and I carried it on.

My sister made it from dried and silk flowers. Becasue we eloped, I had a necklace that belonged to my MIL weaved into the flowers, so she could be with us in spirit.

Our Aruban friends who threw us a surprise reception after the ceremony got us little candle lanterns that held tea lights. The candles stayed lit, because the flames never saw wind. You could also try bringing battery operated tealight candles. Candles are an option in Aruba if you don't have an open flame. Good luck!

Hi Polina814,

Take a look at this post with some information on flowers.

What flowers to use for my wedding?

You can look into Flower Designs by Wilson, I see some great creations of his at weddings. I hope someone can help you with his numbers as I don't have it.

Regards,

Bryan Morris
    Last edited by Bryan Morris; 05-21-2008 at 02:12 PM.

Here's the number for the flowershop mentioned above.

(297) 587.6206

Bryan Morris

Hello- I am getting married in Aruba at the Hyatt as well in October. I am using Tita iglesies as my wedding coordinator and she is great. She can assist you with the flowers and centerpieces. all you need to do is sned her some pictures of ideas you have and she will coordiate it with the florists. Hope that help!! Have a great wedding!

I'm getting married at the Westin in July. I went to a local florist in NJ, told them about the situation, and asked them to make a mock up bridesmaids bouquet (I also gave the price range). It was absolutely gorgeous! I'm going to use this for similar centerpieces too.

I took GOOD photos of the bouquet and the florist listed everything that was in it. I emailed the photos to the Westin, and am hoping that they can do something similar!