Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any recent weddings at Renaissance Island?

Eagle beach, Aruba water park, Renaissance Island, Passions, Screaming Eagle, Casa Tua Italian, Rembrandt, Shopping malls, town shops.

Question Any recent weddings at Renaissance Island?

We are getting married in May this year at the Renaissance Island, been planning it for 2 years...so looking for some feedback from any couples? They have recently changed their wedding coordinator twice! so feeling a little apprehensive

Many Thanks!

Angie

I am getting married at Renaissance Island in October and have been having trouble getting responses from the wedding coordinators, which is making me nervous too.

Have you decided what you are doing for the reception entertainment? And did you have to contact them yourself or is the hotel supposed to?

Eagle beach, Aruba water park, Renaissance Island, Passions, Screaming Eagle, Casa Tua Italian, Rembrandt, Shopping malls, town shops.
    Hi Sabrina,
    Our wedding is 4 months away and it usually takes them a week for them to get back, I heard last week from Milayne (assistant wedding coordinator),she informed that the previous wedding coordinator has now left. We are having a DJ for the reception. We requested DJ Tino and thought he was booked, but when I contacted him direct to confirm the playlist, he told me that he wasn't available to play at our wedding (you can imagine the disappointment!) so I have now booked another very highly recommended DJ. We tried to hire our own wedding coordinator because of the lack of communication on their behalf, but been told by the Renaissance Hotel that is not possible.. So I have been working with vendors directly, and all we are having from the Hotel is food and drinks. I will let you know how we get on, and planning to write a review when we get back from our honeymoon. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions, my email is angiereywood@googlemail.com.
    All the best,
    Angie.

Hi! I am in the same boat! We are getting married in october and it is extremely hard to get a hold of anyone. At this point I don't even know who the coordinator is.

Who are the vendors that you are working with? I have reached out to DJ Tino but im unsure about what to do for the flowers, cake and just overall planning of the day. We still have a couple of months to go, but I am getting a little nervous....

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    thank goodness you have 8 months to go.

are the cake and flowers not included in the wedding package the renaissance provides?

do you have a contract with the renaissance ?
    if not, would you consider going with an independent planner and having the festivities at another venue on aruba?

Quote Originally Posted by SDAruba View Post
    Hi! I am in the same boat! We are getting married in october and it is extremely hard to get a hold of anyone. At this point I don't even know who the coordinator is.

Who are the vendors that you are working with? I have reached out to DJ Tino but im unsure about what to do for the flowers, cake and just overall planning of the day. We still have a couple of months to go, but I am getting a little nervous....

Hi SD Aruba,
    The wedding coordinator is Milayne, as the day gets closer they should get back to you quicker. You can always arrange a phone call with them. We have 4 months to go, and pretty much everything is arranged. It was our decision to go direct to the vendors, one because of the cost, and also because I could talk to them direct, but it hasn't been easy, they don't get back to you for ages, and they are very lay back! I just hope and pray that they deliver on the day of the wedding. If you are happy with the cost of the flowers and cake then go with the hotel, DJ Tino is great, he also works with the Hotel, just make sure he is free, and ask the hotel to confirm this, or just contact him yourself on this forum. I will send you a private message with the names of our vendors.
    All the best,

Thanks ladies, I will reach out to Milayne and touch base with her. We still got plenty of time, but I just want to know we are in good hands. Good news, DJ Tino is confirmed ;-).

I just had my wedding on Renaissance Island and for all of you brides with weddings coming up, do not worry! You are in good hands with Randolph and Milayne. I went through 5 wedding planners at Renaissance before these 2 people and I almost booked my wedding someplace else. I can assure you, you are now in good hands. They gave me the wedding of my dreams!

Aruba since 1979
    many good wishes!
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Lv1003 View Post
    I just had my wedding on Renaissance Island and for all of you brides with weddings coming up, do not worry! You are in good hands with Randolph and Milayne. I went through 5 wedding planners at Renaissance before these 2 people and I almost booked my wedding someplace else. I can assure you, you are now in good hands. They gave me the wedding of my dreams!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    just remember, some hotels will charge you extra if you go with outside vendors. for instance, the Radisson would have charged us a $200 electrical fee if we went with a different steel pan drummer. it says it in the contract. thank goodness Tino is one of the DJ's they recommend. These are just things you should double check with your hotel. overall, i'm very happy with Lisa at the Radisson. And you're right, months before the wedding, it takes like a week to get a response. weeks before the wedding, it takes a day, lol... we have 5 weeks to go......................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast