Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any recent weddings at Renaissance Island?

My wedding is coming up mid October and you are right that Randolph has been a lot more helpful than some of the previous wedding planners. I am still trying to iron out a few of the details though and would love some input on the following.

Has anyone wore their hair 1/2 down and was it ok for pictures? Does anyone know where I can find reviews of hair stylists/ make up artists that will come to the room? How is the lighting at night during the reception? Our reception is at Festival Plaza, but I'm a little concerned that it will be dark with the amount of lighting included. Did you give a music list to DJ Tino ahead of time? Do you have any other tips? I have 60 people coming, so am hoping everything goes really smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lv1003 View Post
    I just had my wedding on Renaissance Island and for all of you brides with weddings coming up, do not worry! You are in good hands with Randolph and Milayne. I went through 5 wedding planners at Renaissance before these 2 people and I almost booked my wedding someplace else. I can assure you, you are now in good hands. They gave me the wedding of my dreams!

I am also getting married at Renaissance Island this October, 5 weeks to be exact. I just find it so hard getting correspondence back from the wedding department. I have worked with 3 planners since I began planning my wedding there in February. I am also looking for a hair and makeup artist and would love any suggestions.

Aruba since 1979
    sloc welcome to the aruba.com community forum

check out this thread, may give you some hair/makeup contacts
    Hair stylist for wedding

Quote Originally Posted by sloc135 View Post
    I am also getting married at Renaissance Island this October, 5 weeks to be exact. I just find it so hard getting correspondence back from the wedding department. I have worked with 3 planners since I began planning my wedding there in February. I am also looking for a hair and makeup artist and would love any suggestions.

renaissance

I wore my hair mostly up, but had some pieces down and I do not recommend it as the wind is very strong and your hair will be blowing all over the place.

I used all of my own vendors...none that Randolph recommended and I loved every single one of them!!! The lighting on the island once the sun went down was perfect. Do spend a few extra dollars and add on extra tiki torches, because the 4 or 8 they provide is not enough.

I too had 60 guests, and it all worked out great! Nothing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaw View Post
    My wedding is coming up mid October and you are right that Randolph has been a lot more helpful than some of the previous wedding planners. I am still trying to iron out a few of the details though and would love some input on the following.

Has anyone wore their hair 1/2 down and was it ok for pictures? Does anyone know where I can find reviews of hair stylists/ make up artists that will come to the room? How is the lighting at night during the reception? Our reception is at Festival Plaza, but I'm a little concerned that it will be dark with the amount of lighting included. Did you give a music list to DJ Tino ahead of time? Do you have any other tips? I have 60 people coming, so am hoping everything goes really smooth.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lv1003 View Post
    I wore my hair mostly up, but had some pieces down and I do not recommend it as the wind is very strong and your hair will be blowing all over the place.

I used all of my own vendors...none that Randolph recommended and I loved every single one of them!!! The lighting on the island once the sun went down was perfect. Do spend a few extra dollars and add on extra tiki torches, because the 4 or 8 they provide is not enough.

I too had 60 guests, and it all worked out great! Nothing to complain about.

Thanks everyone I feel a little better. I have had such back and forth with the wedding department. I am sure they mean well but the time is winding down and I only got a final invoice yesterday. Between figuring out if I should do open bar all night to wither to bring my own carpet for a runner. I am beyond stress and pray I can just enjoy my wedding day in piece.

Thanks for the makeup contact I needed it! Definitely planning on wearing my hair up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12