Aruba Beach

Thread: Aruba Destination Wedding Questions

ipo

Lightbulb Aruba Destination Wedding Questions

Hi,

I am new to this thread and have a few questions regarding wedding planning in Aruba. My fiancÚ and I are planning to get married in January 2014.
    Ideally we would like to have the ceremony and reception at the same hotel that our guests are staying at (so as to get a better group rate possibly), however, we are open to other ideas.

The problem that we have come across with certain wedding venues is that they don't allow the reception to go past 11:00pm. We would like to have the reception last until midnight to 1 am at the very least. We would also prefer to have the ceremony in a garden rather than on the beach.

We have thrown around some other ceremony/reception ideas as well, but don't know if they are possible. Does anyone know if it is possible to have a ceremony by the California Lighthouse? Is it possible to hold a reception at La Trattoria El Faro Blanco?

Any advice/suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Aruba since 1979
    hi

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

there "are" venues other than the beach for wedding ceremonies.

my first and really only suggestion for you is to get in touch with a wedding planner that will be able to answer all of your questions.

this forum has a number of wedding planners that are members and maybe they will post their thoughts. hopefully other brides/grooms will post as well.

here is a list, unsure if it is a partial list, of aruba wedding planners.
    http://www.aruba.com/arubavacations/...lSectionLnk305

will you be having the civil ceremony on aruba as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ipo View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this thread and have a few questions regarding wedding planning in Aruba. My fiancÚ and I are planning to get married in January 2014.
    Ideally we would like to have the ceremony and reception at the same hotel that our guests are staying at (so as to get a better group rate possibly), however, we are open to other ideas.

The problem that we have come across with certain wedding venues is that they don't allow the reception to go past 11:00pm. We would like to have the reception last until midnight to 1 am at the very least. We would also prefer to have the ceremony in a garden rather than on the beach.

We have thrown around some other ceremony/reception ideas as well, but don't know if they are possible. Does anyone know if it is possible to have a ceremony by the California Lighthouse? Is it possible to hold a reception at La Trattoria El Faro Blanco?

Any advice/suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Hello,

Yes, La Tratoria is a nice place and has a nice view and your reception could probably last till midnight. Another option is Tierra Del Sol. They have this beautiful garden behind the restaurant, an incredible view also. Try to contact Edwina Werleman, she could give you more info about Tierra del sol. She is a member forum.

ipo
    Thank you for your suggestions! I will look into those options and let you know what I hear.