Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Aruba Wedding 2012 - Full Review

Aruba Wedding 2012 - Full Review

Hi All.

I have been using this site as a crutch for two years now for reviews, suggestions, etc. My fiancee and I (now wife), just returned from our two week wedding trip to Aruba. Thanks for all the support and info over the past two years, it was well worth it and we wouldn't have changed a thing.

Last year we met with a few wedding planners on the island and, after meeting her, on top of the rave reviews we read here, we went with Lissy Lampe. By far the best! It's tough to summarize all she has done for us, but I'll try... Top notch service, personality, vendors, and personality (deserved a 2nd call!). Every detail was well covered. She was all about full disclosure with her contract and prompt with every email. Most importantly, she is extremely well organized, well orchestrated, and a calming soul. Every step along the way she reassured us (more importantly, my wife) that everything would be perfect... and it was. I could spend hours writing about how great she was. To sum it up. She was our wedding planner, but is now our friend, and we look forward to seeing her each time we are on the island.

Lissy booked the hair for the Bride. Marinetta. She did a great job recreating the photos that we brought and added her own touch.

One of our family members is a professional photographer so he did the photos.

Flowers were setup by Lissy. They were exactly what my wife wanted, which was tough to drill down to. Many back and forth emails between Lissy and my wife, along with attached pictures, but overall everything was perfect.

Our ceremony was at Santa Filomena (gorgeous church) in Paradera and reception was at Aruba Surfside Marina. Simon and Ianthe at ASM were great. They both coordinated with my wife and I along with Lissy to deliver perfection, and they did. The food was delicious, waiter/bar service was impeccable, and the ambiance unmeasurable. Tino, the DJ booked through Lissy, did a great job. He ran with our music suggestions, added some twists of his own, and made it a great party. He is also one of the best mix artist dj's I have ever heard.

Our rehearsal dinner (aka welcome dinner) was at Pinchos. By FAR our favorite restaurant on this island. Anabela (owner) and her staff go above and beyond. The food is excellent. Eric and Alejandro were our servers and they were spot on. The dinner was the same night as the lighting parade of Carnaval... Anabela themed our dinner appropriately for the parade and it blew all of our guests away. Pinchos is the best place on the island to see the sunset, and amazingly enough, because of the great work the staff did, that night the sunset was 2nd fiddle.

27 of our guests booked suites at Divi Phoenix through Joe Strebly of VPL vacations. I will never use another travel agent again. Best prices across the board along with excellent service.

Divi Phoenix was the best I have stayed in 5 trips to the island. Staff was very hospitable and the new tower suites we're fantastic. We had 7 suites between 27 guests. Some 2 & 3 bedroom penthouse suites and a few other 1 bedroom or studios mixed in. Very nice. Only complaints were minor ones; my hot tub didn't work and the housekeeping staff did an okay cleaning job. Overall, I don't think I would go anywhere else in the future.

After re-reading everything I wrote, I sound like I've been sucking on too much happy gas. But it's all true. Any complaints I have are few and insignificant. If I had to bring one to light... it would be the cake. The wedding cake looked beautiful and was exactly what we wanted. But it was dry. It wasn't what we were expecting, but I think that was because of our tastes and what we are used to in the states. But again, insignificant.

We were on the island for two weeks... the first with our families and guests, and the second by ourselves as our honeymoon. Everyone had a great time. Aruba is truly one happy island. Very relaxing for the guests that wanted to chill out, but had plenty of opportunities for those looking for an adventure.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me. I'll be happy to assist!

Rubin

Congratulations to you and your bride. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Santa Filomena is a beautiful church off the beaten path.

http://www.aruba.com/vbgallery/files...ltar_thumb.jpg

Aruba since 1979
    wonderful!!
    sucking on happy gas is ok too ;-)

Congrats!

Eagle beach, Aruba water park, Renaissance Island, Passions, Screaming Eagle, Casa Tua Italian, Rembrandt, Shopping malls, town shops.
    Hi Rubin, Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us. Do you think you can post a few pics of your wedding?? and do you have a contact email for Lissy please?
    Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    lissy lampe email is candcaruba@yahoo.com

Eagle beach, Aruba water park, Renaissance Island, Passions, Screaming Eagle, Casa Tua Italian, Rembrandt, Shopping malls, town shops.
    Thank you Andrea! What would I do without your help
    x

Aruba since 1979
    you are welcome and very kind

this form is all about "hospitality"
    Quote Originally Posted by misslatin View Post
    Thank you Andrea! What would I do without your help
    x

a few pics

Here you go. I miss Aruba.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aruba Wedding 2012 - Full Review-asm.jpg   Aruba Wedding 2012 - Full Review-sunsetasm.jpg   Aruba Wedding 2012 - Full Review-rhrslpinchos.jpg   Aruba Wedding 2012 - Full Review-arch.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by RubinO77 View Post
    Here you go. I miss Aruba.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast