Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mandamck03

Thread: Aruba Wedding February 2016 - Reception on a boat?!

Smile Aruba Wedding February 2016 - Reception on a boat?!

Hi all!

I'm recently engaged and after a wonderful vacation to Aruba in November 2014, my fiance and I have chosen the happy island as our wedding destination in February 2016! Part of my job is to plan corporate events for my company, so I am already on the move as far as reading reviews and searching for vendors. I definitely plan to hire a coordinator, but I am not ok with just buying some generic hotel package and having everything chosen for me.

Based on reviews (many from this forum, thanks!!) I'm thinking about Timeless Pixx for photography (any other suggestions that compare to his work?), Geoffrey Banfield as the officiant, DJ Tino, and Edwina Werleman from E2 to coordinate. I know Edwina will likely help me with options if I go with her, but here is where I need some help while I'm still on my own... I'm completely undecided on location for the ceremony and here's why: I don't necessarily want it to be in the sand on a public beach. I kind of prefer some sort of gazebo/patio near the beach. Any ideas? And we won't be there for long because following the ceremony...

Does anyone know about having your actual reception on a rented boat for an evening cruise?! The only one I've been able to find is Mi Dushi which gave me a great price but may be a tiny bit more casual than I would like. We plan on having 30-40 people total. We'd like a party atmoshphere and don't need to have a sit down formal dinner, but would like space for a dance floor and cocktail tables or somewhere for guests to eat hors d'ouvres / finger foods. I can't find any examples of anyone else doing this... am I crazy?!

Thanks so much and sunny regards!
    Amanda (and Brock)

Hi Amanda!

Welcome to the Community!! Congrats to you & Brock on your engagement!

I'm sure you will have some wonderful recommendations coming from our members soon! I would also ask the planner you intend to use. See what tips she may have and give her a chance to get a feel for your wedding.

Remember everything is on island time and have some patience when waiting for responses
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the community forum

could you check the black pearl, the octopus, the jolly pirate, morningstar for reception venues?
    just a guess.

many blessings to you and your fiancÚ

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    the only thing I can say for sure is DJ Tino is wonderful. My stepdaughter got married in aruba. We used Tino. But you picked the right place to pick the brains of this group. you will get so much info and you couldn't have picked a better place. one thing about Aruba, the photos are amazing. We just got our book the other day and the photos in Aruba are beautiful.

Welcome to the forum.. may you both find happiness and good health always.

Thanks all! I also emailed Pelican about their cruises... we need something bigger than a sail boat, so a catamaran might work. Any other smaller yacht type boats out there? (And by yacht, I don't really mean a yacht, I just mean a normal large boat with room for 30-40 and space for cocktail tables and a place to dance. We have so many of these in Chicago so it was a surprise that I'm not finding anything in Aruba!

Gaby - who did your step-daughter use for a photographer? We are paying for the wedding ourselves and are on a tighter budget, but pictures I am willing to splurge on. So far I love Timeless Pixx and Crooze photography. Any other suggestions for similar photojournalistic style?