Aruba Beach
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By hmartasin
  • 1 Post By Kenny
  • 1 Post By roycroes

Thread: Aruba Wedding-July 7th

Aruba Wedding-July 7th

Hello all! I just wanted to write about our wedding that took place on July 7th. I used this board for 2 years as we planned our destination wedding. Our wedding turned into a wedding weekend with many events so I will share with you the events, vendors, etc. We had 70 guests come from the United States to celebrate!

When beginning the process I knew that I would need local Aruban help and found the wedding planner Edwina Werleman. She was fantastic! Over the two years of planning, I came 3 times and each time Edwina was there to show me around, meet with vendors, answer questions. She was very organized, followed up with e-mails and phone calls, and was always there for me. If you are looking for someone to help you plan your destination wedding, you should contact Edwina.

THURSDAY, JULY 5TH
    Sunset Cruise-Red Sail Sports. Everyone thought this was one of the best ideas of the weekend. All 70 of us boarded a catamaran near the Hyatt to take a sunset sail and enjoy dinner, drinks, and dancing. It was a great way for both families to celebrate and enjoy Aruba.

FRIDAY, JULY 6TH
    Rehearsal dinner-Madam Janette's. What can I say....delicious! MJ's was able to block off the front portion of the restaurant when you walk in for us to have to ourselves. The service was great, food-amazing, and ambiance was perfect.

SATURDAY, JULY 7TH
    WEDDING DAY!!

Hair/Make-Up-Jennieve, whom is mentioned a lot on the boards. She is great! She came to my room at 10:00 a.m. and stayed until we took off for the wedding at 5:00 p.m. She listened to my bridesmaids, moms, and I about how we wanted our hair and make-up done. She brought a team with her to help and they all did an outstanding job--will post pictures later .

Photography-Kenny Theysen....He did a great job! Kenny was great with responding to e-mails and listening to what we wanted. I'll share pictures later.

Videographer-Roy Croes....Great job as well!

Flowers-Elsa's Flowers. This man is superb! He came to every meeting with samples and ideas. The flowers turned out amazing. He did flowers for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding. He gave advice when needed and exceeded my expectations.

Music-We brought in our own DJ and EMCEE from NY...Total Entertainment....well worth it!

Clergy-Cantor Debbi Ballard (destination wedding Cantor from FL) She did an amazing job as well. We were glad we found her!

Wedding ceremony-We did this on Eagle Beach (near Screaming Eagle) we wanted to have our wedding in a quieter place than the High Rise area...we still had onlookers, but it wasn't a huge deal!

Reception-Tierra Del Sol Country Club---What an outstanding place to have a reception. Everyone at our wedding raved about the venue. TDS worked well with us on figuring out a menu, working with vendors, etc. If you are looking for a private venue to have a wedding, LOOK HERE! It has great views, good food, and the staff was very accommodating.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Heather

Aruba since 1979
    Sounds perfect.
    Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations and many good wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by hmartasin View Post
    Hello all! I just wanted to write about our wedding that took place on July 7th. I used this board for 2 years as we planned our destination wedding. Our wedding turned into a wedding weekend with many events so I will share with you the events, vendors, etc. We had 70 guests come from the United States to celebrate!

When beginning the process I knew that I would need local Aruban help and found the wedding planner Edwina Werleman. She was fantastic! Over the two years of planning, I came 3 times and each time Edwina was there to show me around, meet with vendors, answer questions. She was very organized, followed up with e-mails and phone calls, and was always there for me. If you are looking for someone to help you plan your destination wedding, you should contact Edwina.

THURSDAY, JULY 5TH
    Sunset Cruise-Red Sail Sports. Everyone thought this was one of the best ideas of the weekend. All 70 of us boarded a catamaran near the Hyatt to take a sunset sail and enjoy dinner, drinks, and dancing. It was a great way for both families to celebrate and enjoy Aruba.

FRIDAY, JULY 6TH
    Rehearsal dinner-Madam Janette's. What can I say....delicious! MJ's was able to block off the front portion of the restaurant when you walk in for us to have to ourselves. The service was great, food-amazing, and ambiance was perfect.

SATURDAY, JULY 7TH
    WEDDING DAY!!

Hair/Make-Up-Jennieve, whom is mentioned a lot on the boards. She is great! She came to my room at 10:00 a.m. and stayed until we took off for the wedding at 5:00 p.m. She listened to my bridesmaids, moms, and I about how we wanted our hair and make-up done. She brought a team with her to help and they all did an outstanding job--will post pictures later .

Photography-Kenny Theysen....He did a great job! Kenny was great with responding to e-mails and listening to what we wanted. I'll share pictures later.

Videographer-Roy Croes....Great job as well!

Flowers-Elsa's Flowers. This man is superb! He came to every meeting with samples and ideas. The flowers turned out amazing. He did flowers for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding. He gave advice when needed and exceeded my expectations.

Music-We brought in our own DJ and EMCEE from NY...Total Entertainment....well worth it!

Clergy-Cantor Debbi Ballard (destination wedding Cantor from FL) She did an amazing job as well. We were glad we found her!

Wedding ceremony-We did this on Eagle Beach (near Screaming Eagle) we wanted to have our wedding in a quieter place than the High Rise area...we still had onlookers, but it wasn't a huge deal!

Reception-Tierra Del Sol Country Club---What an outstanding place to have a reception. Everyone at our wedding raved about the venue. TDS worked well with us on figuring out a menu, working with vendors, etc. If you are looking for a private venue to have a wedding, LOOK HERE! It has great views, good food, and the staff was very accommodating.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Heather

Heather,

Thank you for let us be a part of your wedding day!! We had a great time with your family and friends!

Charlotte & Kenny
    Live life to fullest and have while doing it!

That was a great wedding indeed. Thanks for trusting us your precious memories.

Arubas professionals

I am so happy that you enjoyed your wedding in Aruba and with Edwina as your planner nothing could go wrong as she is a wonderful woman with talents that exceed everything. Her planning meets all expectations of all who use her services. Once again Kenny and Roy are also a plus and with Aruba's wonderful products of professional and ethical vendors I applaud their services as they have wonderful reviews.Tierra del Sol is gorgeous, it was were I had my wedding 16 years ago and the staff is attentive. I congratulate the Aruba vendors and their hard work & passion at making your wedding day a success.
    Congratulations and God Bless.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com