Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August 2011 Wedding Planning

August 2011 Wedding Planning

We are planning an aruba wedding in August 2011. We've contacted several venues via email in the past month but have gotten no responses. Is there any way to expedite the process so we can secure our wedding date?

Aruba since 1979
    lots of folks complain that the return emails are not in a timely manner.
    i would recommend follow up email AND a phone call.
    if there is no suitable reply/answer i would tell them point blankly in a follow up email that their reply is imperative or you will take your business elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by niravmistry View Post
    We are planning an aruba wedding in August 2011. We've contacted several venues via email in the past month but have gotten no responses. Is there any way to expedite the process so we can secure our wedding date?

Do you have a specific hotel in mind? We are getting married on Renaissance Island on August 12th and staying at the Renaissance as well!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/SpecialVacation...oneymoons.aspx
    check out the above link on aruba.com.

lots of the resorts do WONDERFUL weddings
    To name a few
    Renaissance
    Amsterdam Manor
    Tamarijn/Divi
    Westin
    Divi Phoenix
    Hyatt
    Marriott
    Radisson

And there are many great wedding planners.
    I recommend taking a block of time and reading lots of these threads in this wedding category.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-27-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks for the info. We're looking into the resorts you have listed and have gotten a couple of responses already. Since my fiancee is Catholic and I'm hindu, we're a little apprehensive of the whole process. But we welcome any recs...

Aruba since 1979
    did u ever think about having the legal ceremony at home (wherever home may be) and then have the ceremony and reception in aruba? the ceremony in aruba would be strictly a formality (you'd already be married but no one would no the difference)

LOTS of folks do the legal stuff at home.

Thanks for the info. We're looking into the resorts you have listed and have gotten a couple of responses already. Since my fiancee is Catholic and I'm hindu, we're a little apprehensive of the whole process. But we welcome any recs...

I would recommend using a Wedding Coordinator from the list provided here at Aruba.com

I just got back from my wedding in Aruba and it was perfect. But... I will admit it was hard to get the ball rolling. We ended up LOVING our wedding coordinator, Verna, from the Marriott and think she is fantastic but the Marriott itself was hard to get a response from initially. Another bride from here was kind enough to PM me an email address for a specific person on the sales staff there and once I emailed them directly everything got rolling, and especially once we had the date saved an a deposit down and we were passed off to Verna, everything went perfect.

So, keep trying, and if you need an email for the Marriott let me know and I can send you one. It was definitely worth it!

VA Bride, do you have any pics from your wedding?

There lots of great places to get married here in Aruba!
    Sometime it is a little slow to get some answers but I'm very that the venue you would want will answer you! If you still having problems PM me and I can give there contact mail.

Cheers
    Live life to fullest and have while doing it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast