Aruba Beach

Thread: Awesome steel pan player

Awesome steel pan player

We got married just last week in Aruba. The wedding was perfect. We decided at the last moment to get a steel pan player. We however didn't like the steel pan player the resort had playing a few days earlier. I'm a musician and steel drum player myself. back home I play the bass drums in a steel band. Through a tip of one of the locals we got in contact with Charles. He is one of Aruba's top steel pan players. Well, Charles was just awesome. His mastery of the instrument really showed. He has a nice well balanced repertoire. His steel pan moreover did not sound out of tune like the other one we heard.
    I especially liked his version of the “here comes the bride”. He played it in sort of a reggae style which made it sound very tropical. He did an absolutely marvelous job. We also saved considerably by booking him directly instead of through the hotel.

Charles can be found on the web by googling steelpanaruba

We strongly recommend him.

We used Charles as well. He planned his steel drum as people arrived and was waiting for me to show for the wedding. he also played during and after the weddign while we took pictures. I would highly recommend!