Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: barefoot bridesmaids?

barefoot bridesmaids?

I think it would be really cute if my junior bridesmaids and bridesmaids were barefoot down the aisle. Yet my sister in law (mother of junior bridesmaids) isnt too keen on teh idea. I love flip flops but whenever you walk in the sand with flip flops the sand kicks up behind you... I dont want that to happen to them.. So my question is have you or will you have your girls go barefoot or with shoes??

Talking

Love this question.

Why does she object?
    Child's safety?
    Will the child only walk on the sand with flip flops when they are walking across the beach to head into the ocean for a swim?

I doubt it.

Your day, your wedding, you choose the attire.
    If the attire does not include shoes...so be it...

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i think barefoot is perfect. you're on the beach. my sd wants everyone to go barefoot for her wedding. i just saw photos of a beach wedding in key west. the bride, the groom & everyone, including her mother & father, were barefoot. it fit the ambience of the wedding perfectly

Aruba since 1979
    agree
    if they walk barefoot on beach normally (most people do)
    why do flip flops?

your wedding and believe me if the SIL gets her way with this for YOUR wedding it will set a precedent for things to come down the road. ;-)

barefoot and laid back is the theme

I went to a wedding in Aruba that was on the beach. All 3 of her bridesmaids went barefoot and it looked perfect to me. They wore short fuschia colored dresses. I think shoes/flip flops would have actually looked stupid with the dresses on the beach.

In fact, now that I think about it...the wedding coordinator made us all take off our shoes before entering into the wedding area on the beach. The photographer arranged all of the sandals to her liking and took a photo of all our shoes.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Barefoot is the way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    just think about it, no one generally wears shoes on the beach, even sandals unless the sand is piping hot. usually when you are walking and hit the beach, the first thing you do is kick off your shoes.

like andrea said, its your wedding and YOU decide. your sister in law had her wedding the way she wanted it, this is yours. you have it the way you want it. if your sil says anything, ask her to pay for the wedding and then you'll stick flip flops on everyone, lol......but if you're paying, its your way....

Aruba since 1979
    i apologize for sounding snarky, it was not the intent.

i just want brides to have "what they want"

i am still kicking myself for letting paul's very elderly aunt dictate to me, what kind of wedding cake i should have at our wedding. we both wanted carrot cake or chocolate cake and "she said" eeewww carrot cake, you "must have white cake with white frosting". so in 27 yrs of marriage, i have never ever forgotten how i did not get my way on "my day".

I agree you should have what you want (within reason) for your wedding. Barefoot is natural, comfortable and totally appropriate for the beach.

my sd is having me make for her and her bridesmaids foot jewelry instead of shoes. the type that has a toe ring & anklet with beads across the top of her foot that connect. that might be something you might want to consider for your girls.

they would still be barefoot. I'm not sure how that would work for the young girls but just another suggestion.

once again, do what YOU want. it is YOUR wedding.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast