Aruba Beach

Thread: Beach bonfire & floating lanterns

Beach bonfire & floating lanterns

Sorry...not sure if this is the right place to post.

I'll be having my wedding in Aruba in June. For our welcome dinner, we want to have a bonfire on the beach. Does anyone know what beaches we can do this on? We'll be staying at the Westin. We can do the cooking/barbecuing or we can hire someone. What's a good company to hire?

Also, is there any place in Aruba where we can release floating/wishing lanterns? It'll be less than 30 and maybe a smaller version of the below picture. Sorry, I have less than 5 posts so I can't post a picture/link.

images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/461/cache/floating-lanterns-thailand_46134_990x742.jpg

Aruba since 1979
    Are sky lanterns allowed in Aruba?
    here is a thread about sky lanterns, click above link

your wedding coordinator should be able to help answer your questions.

QUOTE=Catheryn;239975]Sorry...not sure if this is the right place to post.

I'll be having my wedding in Aruba in June. For our welcome dinner, we want to have a bonfire on the beach. Does anyone know what beaches we can do this on? We'll be staying at the Westin. We can do the cooking/barbecuing or we can hire someone. What's a good company to hire?

Also, is there any place in Aruba where we can release floating/wishing lanterns? It'll be less than 30 and maybe a smaller version of the below picture. Sorry, I have less than 5 posts so I can't post a picture/link.

images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/461/cache/floating-lanterns-thailand_46134_990x742.jpg[/QUOTE]

Bonfire and Sky lanterns

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. To answer the question for the bonfire there is No fire on the beach at all in Aruba. Bbq is not even allowed on the sand.
    For sky lanterns I just called a company in Michigan and they gave me a great suggestion about the wind and that it will go sideways instead of up because the wind needs to be under 5 knots. The only time in aruba is hurricane season when there is no wind but this is during the exact time it has formed not all the months because the wind is sucked away. To light lanterns is another problem so make sure your coordinator has tiki torches lit as this will be the best way to light it. One more big issue is make sure that the lantern is made of string instead of metal so it is environmental friendly and biodegradable, skylantern.com gave me this info and answered all my questions.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

FYI, even if fires where allowed on the beach, Aruba does not have an overabundance trees that eventually produce 'firewood'!
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Thank you all for your responses. I guess after reading the other thread, I'll avoid the floating lanterns. Maybe we'll do them back home after we return from our wedding.