Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beach wedding??

beach wedding??

Just curious: did anyone get legally married in their home state and just have a beach blessing/wedding ceremony in Aruba? If you got married legally at home, did you feel getting married...(again) on the beach was rather redundant or "less special"?

If anyone just did a beach blessing, please let me know your experience. Thank you!

i got legally married in my home state and i did not feel that the beach wedding/blessing was redundant at all! i didn't invite anyone to my civil ceremony and didn't really make a big deal about, which I think made the beach blessing more special....

Thank you for your reply! We are thinking of doing the legal part at home w/ immediate fam (seems easier to take care of the legal stuff at home and we wanted our fam to see us get married)and a beach blessing/ceremony in Aruba--just the two of us. I just wondered how someone who did this or something like this felt about both ceremonies. I really like the idea (the blessing being just about us joining our lives together).

What made you go this route if you don't mind me asking?

the same reason you did! it's much easier to take matter into your own hands and handle the legal/paperwork stuff here....also, we wanted an US certificate because i read somewhere that even though you are legally married in Aruba, you will need to get a US marriage certificate anyway. i could be wrong, but i wanted to be safe.

hey check out www.ourarubawedding.com. i blog there under FY2010. The first post of mine discusses briefly about your question and someone commented and asked the same thing!

I do not know why Aruba would be any different , but I have a Bahamian marriage certificate and was able to change social security, driver's license, have a sate (GA.) background check AND legally adopt (I did not have to be married in order to do so, but if I claim I am married, they wanted to see proof) in the U.S. with NON- U.S. certificate.

I do have to say that I find that more than 75% of my clients do get married in their home town and celebrate with beach blessing in Aruba. Many of them do not tell the guests that it is not a full pledged wedding. Either way getting married in Aruba has a plus- paradise- sunshine on ONE HAPPY ISLAND, What else can you ask for and the guests get a vacation and family gathering on Aruba....
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife View Post
    Just curious: did anyone get legally married in their home state and just have a beach blessing/wedding ceremony in Aruba? If you got married legally at home, did you feel getting married...(again) on the beach was rather redundant or "less special"?

If anyone just did a beach blessing, please let me know your experience. Thank you!
    I just returned from Aruba a week ago and celebrated a beach blessing/ceremony in Aruba.

After hiring my wonderful wedding planner, Indira Maduro, I learned that in Aruba you must be married in their civil town house for the "legal" part and off to the beach for the ceremony (if you choose of course). We decided if we were going to have to do it "twice" in aruba anyway, why not get the legal part done here in maryland. My husband and I went with his father (he could not come to aruba) and had a very fast service at the court house here in maryland followed by a nice lunch.

As far as being redundant or "less special", nothing could be further from the truth. All of the butterflies were present for the beach wedding that is for sure !

I am glad to hear this!

I got married in Aruba and have had no issues changing my last name using the Marriage Certificate from Aruba. The only delay was getting the Certificate. It took about 2 months to be mailed to us but once I received it I've had no issues at all in New Hampshire with the Aruba Certificate.

My understanding is that when you get married in Aruba, if anything were to ever happen in the marriage you have to go back to Aruba. I am getting married there in August but am doing it legally in the states

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast