Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wingwmn

Thread: Beginning Stages- Wedding Planning. ADVICE NEEDED

Beginning Stages- Wedding Planning. ADVICE NEEDED

Hello! My fiance and I have been engaged for about one month, but we have always wanted to do a destination wedding in Aruba (we're from Delaware). We're looking at May 29, 2017 for a wedding of about 25 guests. While we want a nice wedding, some of the costs I've seen for getting married at a hotel is quite daunting! After doing a bit of research online, I seem to like the Barefoot restaurant for a reception dinner/dancing (but I am still open). Any advice you may offer for starting the process would be appreciated! We're looking for a relatively simple beach ceremony and a reception with dinner/dancing.

Thank you in advance!

Aruba since 1979
    check out this site

welcome to the community forum

many congratulations and best wishes

my advice is to hire a wedding planner AND do a site visit.

i hope other brides/grooms post their opinions!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I agree wholeheartedly with Andrea, do a site visit. my SD got married at the Radisson and we had about 25 people. I can give you some of the costs if you're interested and a few do's and don'ts. And if you don't use a hotel, definitely get a wedding planner. I say that because it is easier than you trying to do it yourself. There are alot of great wedding planners. we used obviously the wedding planner at the Radisson who was wonderful but if you get married outside of a hotel, I think Andrea's advice is spot on.

I am getting married at The Ritz Carlton on 4.30.2015. We are not going to be able to do a site visit prior to the wedding due to mine and my fiancee's work schedules.

I'll echo what's already been said, get a wedding planner! Ask lots of questions, and get lots of photos. I wish we could do a site visit prior to the wedding, but it's just not possible, so I have really had to rely on strong communication from my planner, along with lots of picture examples, and mock up of ceremony setup and reception setup.

Another piece of advice I would give is to not let the set prices online shock you or turn you away. We are having a 15 person ceremony and that includes my Fiancee and I. When we first chose the Ritz Carlton to get married at all of their packages really weren't fitting our needs, so I called and had a phone conversation with them about our vision, how many people would be coming, and what our budget was, and they came up with a custom package just for us to fit our needs and budget. (We also got 3 nights of our honeymoon accomodations comped by them! Whoo hoo!)

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Congrats on your engagement! I would recommend emailing the different resorts that you might be interested in and they can normally provide you with the cost.(The renaissance has a current price list on their website) As tjburgess21 said they will usually work with you if you tell them what you are looking to spend etc.

tjburgess21- The ritz is a gorgeous property you will not be dissapointed!