Aruba Beach

Thread: Bollywood Dancers and Drummer

Bollywood Dancers and Drummer

Does anyone happen to know if there are any Bollywood dancers on the island that could be hired to drop by our reception to get it started? My fiance is Indian and I would love to surprise him. (Let's hope he's not reading the forum!) I'm just thinking of a few people in festive outfits that would come in and dance 2 or 3 songs. Also, he's been wondering if there might be an Indian drummer that could 'play along' with the DJ's bhangra music... I'm having trouble visualizing it - has anyone seen such a thing?

Thanks,

Christene

I think the best person to contact on this would be Karina Daryanani at Palais Hindu. She is reachable by tel. 5832386. If you are on facebook, they have a page also. She also knows someone who does the mehendi, a tradition I think you should not skip, if you like the intricate, beautiful work.

Thanks Margaret. We lucked out in one of our guests can do the Mehndi, but are stuck on the dancers and drummer. I have communicated with Karina a few times. I think she may be able to help us out with Indian treats for the Welcome Party. I did ask her about dancers and she hasn't suggested anyone. Fernando also thought that there might be some dancers on the island, but didn't come back with anyone either. I would expect there are dhol drummers but am wondering if there are any drummers / djs that have experience working together as my fiance envisions. Im still going to leave it on the "wish list" for a few weeks though. =)

Quote Originally Posted by margaret wever View Post
    I think the best person to contact on this would be Karina Daryanani at Palais Hindu. She is reachable by tel. 5832386. If you are on facebook, they have a page also. She also knows someone who does the mehendi, a tradition I think you should not skip, if you like the intricate, beautiful work.