Aruba Beach

Thread: Church Wedding in Aruba

Church Wedding in Aruba

My fiancee and I are interested in getting married in the Catholic Church in Aruba. We both live in Chicago, IL USA. He is a Venezuelan Citizen and I am a US Citizen. We are both Catholic and want to marry in the church in Aruba as a middle point for our families. We plan to legally marry in the US prior to celebrating our religious ceremony in Aruba. I have found these requirements from several sources:

For those belonging to the Catholic Church:

1. The prospective bride and groom should have attended pre-wedding preparation at their parish.
    2. They should bring along a permit to get married in Aruba from their priest.
    3. They should bring an official form stating that none of them were ever married in church.
    4. The couple should be married by civil law and have a wedding certificate to prove that they were married according to the laws of their country.
    5. Contact one of the following Priests before coming to Aruba:
    Father Ray Nares
    c/o Parokia San Francisco
    Irausquinplein 3
    Oranjestad, Aruba
    Tel: +297 5821 434

Santa Anna Parish
    Noord 16
    Oranjestad, Aruba
    Tel: +297 5871 409
    Fax: +297 5878 554

6. No weddings can be held outside the church building.

However, we recently spoke to Santa Ana Parish and they told us they do not marry visitors to the island. We have left messages for the Archdioceses and several other parishes. Does any know the actual requirements and if it is possible for us to marry in the Catholic Church if we are not Aruba residents.
    Thanks for all your help!

Hi Anne,

You can get married in a catholic church, which is the church in Paradera.
    Santa Filomena
    Phone 582 1400
    Fax 582 4923

You can always email us if you need any assistance.