Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Civil Ceremony with Guests?

Civil Ceremony with Guests?

Is the civil ceremony truly a ceremony or is it simply the couple meeting Mr. Christiaans and signing paperwork? I'm debating whether to invite guests or not. I'm planning to have a civil ceremony and renting a vacation house and having the reception there but am not sure how the process plays out. I've searched online and found 1 person who has photos of their civil ceremony but it appears that everyone sits around until their appointed time. Do multiple couples have the same appointment time? Can anyone tell me the specifics of what happens during the Civil Ceremonies?

We thought the ceremony was very neat. Rich dressed more formal than the beach ceremony and I wore a simple white dress (saved my real wedding dress for the beach). I think it would have been great to have a good group of guests. . .we had four. There is plenty of seating for probably 20 or so guests. Best wishes!

Civil Requirements...Confused.

I thought I understood all the requirements until I started calling the bureaus and secretary of states offices!
    I requested the Long Form Birth Certificate and the representative told me this is the one without a seal. (So I'll then take this to get the apostle document from the secretary of state) I'm confused as I thought all vital records the bureau puts a seal on...
    I'm having trouble with the letter or intent. Does this need an apostle? The secretary of state office states they only issue apostles for documents coming from the bureau of statistics. This letter doesn't come from any agency...or does it? I thought I could write something up and have it notarized at any notary.

I always get my raised seal document at the government office, no headaches and I purchased 4 each for my children and I as it comes in handy throughout the years.
    An Aruba Civil ceremony is a simple 7-10 minutes in a green historical building, ( I dont know if it moved as of yet because it really needed some heavy duty work on the inside where the civils are taking place).
    The specifics are pretty much the same as getting married in your hometown by the justice of the peace but without the headache of paperwork and saves you money if you are on a budget.
    If you are having a civil ceremony in Aruba it is nice to invite guests if they would like to come but transportation is at their cost and I recommend since they are in town just to hang out, shop, dine and enjoy Aruba's mall and location of downtown, Women if you have heels bring some comfortable sandals to wear afterwards if you are going to stay in the area. Dine at El Gaucho, Shop at wonderful stores such as Benetton, Maggy's, or go to the harbor and get gifts for back home.
    Congrats and enjoy....
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com